on 23 November 2010
This was bought this for our 2 year old. She loves a bedtime story (and other times). This is a simple story told in the usual fun rhyming style that is a signature of all Julia Donaldson's books. Highly recommended - as are all Julia Donaldson's books in my opinion. The illustrations are not quiet as full of detail as many of her other books. Our daughter loves it anyway.
on 22 May 2016
love it and you managed to deliver on my Granddaughter's birthday, which was a Godsend thanks
on 6 August 2012
My 2 year old was given this as a gift and it's an absolute favourite. It's a perfect bedtime book - not too long or too lively!
We've read it dozens of times now and my daughter never tires of it, and has much of it commited to memory so it's great fun to read. The repitition is lovely and it's just a warm and fun story.

A firm family favourite!
on 12 June 2012
My grandson loves this book but his own got damaged so I bought a replacement. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and don't know how it happened - this isn't the same as his original large softback book, it's a small hardback one for very young children. Same story, but different size and every page is board, it's a shame as he's grown out of this kind of book.
on 9 June 2009
I've just bought 4 copies of this as my son loves it, and its an excellent present for all his friends who are coming up 2. It has bright pictures and is well written. There are loads of animals on each page so my son had learnt lots of new words such as Bat and Catepillar. Its our first book from Julia Donaldson and we'll certainly be buying more.
on 15 March 2006
I bought this book for my 5 year old son. His older brother, 7 and younger sister, 4 also adore it. It really is a lovely story, with a very lovely theme. I have also purchased other titles by this author, amongst which are The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child, Charlie Cook's Favourite Book, A Squash and A Squeeze. We are delighted with all, apart from Charlie Cook ... we find it a bit frustrating. All the others are wonderful!
on 7 August 2011
Of all of the books I just ordered, this one went straight to being a favourite for my 18 month old. I bought it along with a couple of others by the same author, as the Gruffalo was a long-standing favourite already. I wasn't disappointed!! But of all the books, this one was the first his little hands reached for, every time.
on 19 April 2013
LOVE this book so much, my 22 month old son loves it too and enjoys the pictures & funny story. The repetition is easy for him to follow & he's learnt the words having read it so many times, he joins in with me

The monkey finds his mummy in the end & gives her a big hug. This always guarantees me a hug from my son!
on 22 July 2009
I bought this as my 2 year old loves all the books by the Gruffalo pair, and this is fast becoming an all time favourite - read it to him twice last night and again first thing this morning. He is so happy when the monkey finds his mum at the end, I get an especially big hug every time, and I really enjoy reading it to him.
on 20 November 2011
This is another title by the ever popular Donaldson and Scheffler. The story is about a little monkey looking for his mum with the help of a butterfly. It follows the usual formula of a story in the form of rhyme, but this book has some lovely quite detailed illustrations with lots of beetles and lizards to spot.