Dear Zoo
Format: Board book|Change

on 14 March 2009
I read the reviews before purchasing this book for my 17 month old daughter. She opens the flaps herself and gets really excited before each animal is revealed (especially the snake)! I usually buy board books for their durability and was a bit concerned about the flaps on this book. But it is really quite sturdy and fingers crossed will last for a while yet.
on 8 May 2010
This is the best book that I have bought for my 18mth child. As he is learning his animals at the moment he loves this book. Its a lift the flaps to find the animals book and it never ceases to amaze him. I have now lost count of the amount of times that he has read it and made the animal noises. Money well spent.Dear Zoo: Lift the Flaps
on 19 December 2008
This book quickly became a firm favourite with my daughter and it's one I reach for if I need a quick story. She's really enjoyed learning how to open all the different flaps (which are tricky at first, especially for little hands) and loves seeing the different animals, She's also gradually learnt the different names or sounds for each of the potential pets.
on 2 May 2015
I bought this for my daughter as I remember this being one of my favourites as a child. I bought the board book so it would be a bit more hard wearing and so far so good. My daughter loves lifting up the flaps to see what animal is inside and it's a good, quick and fun read. I would say this book is great and interactive fun for babies and toddlers alike.
on 19 November 2013
My son has just turned 2 and loves this book. No sooner have I read it and he is saying "again". He very quickly learnt the names of all the animals and shouts them out as soon as he lifts the flap. I have bought him a lot if books and this is one of the few he will sit still for and read from front to back. It's a great book that he can join in with.
on 4 July 2006
My mum used to read this to the 6-7 year olds in her class and told me they all loved it so much she turned it into a class project. All the kids drew pictures of their ideal pet with a flap to cover it. They made all the pictures into a book for the class. My 7 month old baby loves the book too. He giggles when the flaps open. Its a great book to read to babies and later on toddlers can interact by lifting the flaps.
on 16 November 2011
This is a lovely book that is interesting & short enough for a young baby, but will grow with them to toddlerhood. It's nice to lift the flaps to see all of the animals & the repetitiveness will be nice once he's older. I also imagine that he'll have fun guessing which animal is under the flap & making the animal noises. Definitely recommended.
on 8 May 2014
My 13mth old son adores this book. We came across it by chance when he was 8 months old and I bought it. It's a lovely book, not too 'wordy' so he gets bored and bright drawings which he loves. I took him to our GP surgery and this kept him quiet in the waiting room as I read to him and he opened the flaps to see the animals. Highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon 13 November 2012
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My little granddaughters are very into Touch and Feel at the moment,so I'm really glad this new version of the old classic has come out now.The old one with the flaps that you lift up to reveal the animal was brilliant,but this seems to be more hard-wearing,although you don't get the same surprise as you did when the animal was hidden at first.
on 3 September 2012
This is a quick story that over time helps children learn the names of animals. My 15 month old son enjoys lifting / opening the flaps to reveal the animals behind them, however - as the flaps are card, not thick board like the rest of the book, we have to watch him carefully so he does not rip them! Could have been more clumsy baby friendly!