on 4 March 2010
My son wants a Gruffalo cake for his 3rd birthday so I thought this would be great for the party. To be honest I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. Most of the party ideas can be found on the gruffalo website for free and although it's advertised as including invitations and thank you cards, it only includes enough to make 4 invites and 2 thank you cards. Clearly not enough for a kids party (unless the child in question is deeply unpopular!). The pin the wart on the gruffalo game is good and there are a few cake ideas not on the website, but I don't think that's really enough to be worth spending money on. Go to their website instead!
on 21 August 2012
I bought this for use with my 3 year old son and two of his friends as he'd asked for a themed book day at home and chose `The Gruffalo'. So what do you get for your pennies? Well, like another reviewer I was just as happy with the website but it was worth it for a few extras. My review will take you through page by page so that you can identify if the pack is worth it for your needs. I think the book is worth it if you look on it as an annual rather than for use with a party.

Inside cover - space to write child's name in, opposite page is an explanation
P1/2 - a double page black and white deep dark wood which you can either colour or use the sticker sheet to transform it
P3/4 - how to decorate cakes to look like warts and mice and on opposite page a blank cake to be coloured or for stickers
P5/6 - Gruffalo party food and party games ideas
P7/8 - information on musical statues and then blank cloud to draw the Gruffalo's great party idea
P9/13 - different party decorations to cut out, colour and make
P14 - drawing or using small pictures to make a Gruffalo Party Album
P15/18 - party decorations that can be cut out and some coloured
P19/21 - pictures to draw and colour
P22 - a darkened picture (the birthday candles have been blown out) and to use stickers to make eyes
P23/26 - pop-up cards for invitations/cards (for four people).

Additional items in the party pack include a stick the wart on the Gruffalo game (aka pin the tail on the donkey) and this was good fun! There are also a few stencils which are reasonably substantial but won't last a lengthy time and then there are 20 A6 collage sheets with different pictures on.

All in all, it wasn't a waste of money but I wish I'd been able to know exactly what was in it before I had bought it so that I could've compared it to the website. We did love our party food though and the internet provides some excellent ideas for very cheap ideas.
on 9 March 2013
Has ideas of activities to do but they would be difficult to do in a party setting. Great templates to use for making masks etc.
Had good ideas of how to prepare for a party.
on 22 February 2010
this is a must for any gruffalo fan,well those who are young enough to have a party,it is packed full of things to do and some great ideas of how to make the party special...although it is party themed it is also suitable for an activity book....would defo recommend if you love the gruffalo like i do
on 20 February 2015
Not really good enough, in my honest opinion, for a party pack. When it arrived it was also missing the stencils and the collage paper so I paid the party pack price for an incomplete item, essentially it was just the activity book. Wish I hadn't bothered and am asking to return it. Really disappointed. Ok as a single child activity book but this was not what I bought it for. Go on pinterest, many more free ideas...
on 15 April 2012
This is a great product there's hours of fun in it for all the family.Ideal for a party or even as decor at a party too.
Excellent price and great value and really fast delivery
Thanks a mil
on 3 March 2013
This is for my great grandson's birthday party because he is a great fan of the Gruffalo. It gives many ideas for a pre-school child's party and they can be easily implementated with the material supplied. Suggestions are given for games, there is even a "pin the wart on the Gruffalo" life-size chart! Even the food is taken care of with illustrations for making a mouse (out of a strawberry, chocolate drops and strawberry laces) , snail sandwiches and the like - excellent.