Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now

on 12 August 2017
I remember this story and song from when i was a kid and it's lovely to see my grandkids enjoying it today. Great value for book and CD
on 6 June 2014
My 5 year old son love puff the magic Dragon! He watches a the cartoons and was running out of books to read at story time! It's a lovely story and The cd is great brilliant price and it's made my son very happy!!
on 16 September 2017
Very attractive presentation with an enjoyable CD
on 1 June 2015
This book contains lovely pictures and reminded me if listening to the song when I was a child. Yes it is a little sad towards the end but it is beautiful and a classic.
on 5 May 2017
We liked this and the CD
on 27 August 2017
Perfect just what my grandson asked for .
on 10 February 2009
I have bought this book several times now for children aged between 3 and 7. It is beautifully illustrated and the writing style makes it accessible to a broad set of age ranges. The CD is an added bonus and nice to have in the car for those boring journeys!
on 3 April 2009
Having read alot of the other reviews, I felt compelled to write my own.

It seems that alot of people have missed the fact that this 'version' of Puff the magic dragon, is in fact by the original authors, Peter Yarrow and Leonard Lipton.

Leonard Lipton wrote it as a poem (1959) and Peter Yarrow of 'Peter, Paul and Mary' made it into the song (1961)that we all know and love.

Many refer to the 'changes' in it, and how they prefer the original, well, really, it is basically the same, albeit he has added the word 'girls'.

I like the fact a new companion is added at the end in the illustrations only, as you can make of this what you will...

I adore this book and cd, the illustrations are delightful and the book is kept simple and short.

More importantly, my 3 year old daughter loves it, she is even learning empathy from it which at that age is amazing. I have to read it to her, then play the cd!
on 29 August 2014
This is such a lovely book. The book adapted from the well known song Puff the Magic Dragon this book comes complete with a CD.
The book though is well put together. The illustrations are beautiful and go well with the story Overall it still has the timeless magic that the song created.
It is a book that is loved by children and those who are trying to recapture the magic of their childhood.
on 10 July 2009
An absolutely wonderful book. The text is straight forward. It is simply the song lyrics which, of course, are a story themselves. The illustrations are magical and the happy ending (and the inclusion of girls) is both believable and far more comforting to both my children, who range from 23 to 3 years old, and me. (I had previously cried every time I heard this song since I first heard Peter, Paul & Mary sing it on the radio in the 60's when a toddler myself.) A modern day classic and a long established favourite in our house, I think it is a must for every little person. The CD included with this book is a nice little extra and includes 2 other traditional folk songs. The pieces written at the end of the book by Peter Yarrow and Lenny Lipton are charming and give a lovely history of both the original song's inception and today's version. All round you just couldn't ask for better.