Customer reviews

on 3 August 2017
As always another great read, I love to read about Kinsey and what she has been up too.
on 16 October 2017
really enjoyable
on 24 May 2017
Another brilliant read by SG, her characters​ spring to life on each page, you feel by the end Kinsey has become a friend .
on 21 April 2016
Great as always
on 10 October 2015
Another great read
on 25 November 2001
It just shows you can't please everybody. I had expected this title to have had 5 stars, but all the reviewers were disappointed. It is in fact, one of the best written & most subtle of Sue Grafton's plots. A young women found dead at her remote home with no signs of violence or illness. Her mother suspects she was killed & asks Kinsey to investigate. There is no evidence, no reason for anyone to kill the girl except her mother's suspicion so there is nothing to work on. Kinsey interviews everybody the girl knew or worked with, & until she uncovers the sex films she worked in, there seem to be only dead ends. There is a cameo performance by a transvestite colleague Kinsey questions, who is the funniest & the saddest of any character from the Grafton thrillers. For me, the ending is the most satisfactory pieces of vengeance I have read since Kinsey blew away her first murderer in "'A' is for Alibi". When she uncovers a motive for the murder & the method, the police say they just don't have any proof, Kinsey takes the law into her own hands almost getting killed by the murderer... It was a very neat ending - & it suited me.
on 1 February 1999
This is the second book of Sue Grafton's I have read. While i realize not every one can be as suspenceful as the other i was a bit disappointed. Without giving the book away the ending sort of left me feeling unfinished. Almost like i should have been looking for a second book. I found Kinsey Malone not as light-hearted in this one more like timid and bored with her life. Sometimes there was pages spent on trival matters and not enough on larger issues. But Sue still remains a common name in my book case this one just didnt hit the mark for me.
on 21 January 2014
The further I get through this series, the more disappointed I'm getting. It's almost as if the author had given up at this point but has to complete the alphabet. This is the most disappointing so far (I'm reading the series in order) compelling me to write a review. The storyline was there just not executed very well. Descriptive passages which added nothing or were irrelevant. Lots of loose endings. Characters killed off with not much explanation as to who did it, why and how. Kinsey losing control and ruining her whole investigation. I'm so frustrated by this book, I was waiting for an exciting, dramatic ending but the epilogue may as well have said 'Janice woke and realised it was all a dream'.
Kinsey wasn't developed in this book as she has been previously, it was solely about her investigation, no Henry, Rosie or Jonah.
At least she got a proper hair cut!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 November 2000
The plot here is quite weak and I felt let down by the ending. There are lots of red herrings and long drawn out descriptions which I didn't really feel added anything to the book. It had a lot of potential which didn't get realised. Disappointing.
on 12 April 2014
As with all the Sue Grafton alphabet books they are individual stories but reading A - W Kinsey Millhone, the female Private Detective grows and not only do you read about the case in question but it follows her love life or lack of at times and are really enjoyable reads. This is my third time going through the series as I first had them in books and are now transferring to my kindle and I know in future I shall read them again.