on 11 July 2017
Poorly written and unhelpful text. Requires intuitive knowledge. Much better available elsewhere.
on 18 November 2016
Ordered as requested by my French evening class tutor as our course book. Quite dense, so maybe better value for money than originally appeared plus includes two CDs. It's easy to get used to highly discounted book prices online and forget the cost and work that goes into books, though was cheaper on amazon than rrp.
on 15 October 2002
As a mature Uni student studying french again for the first time in 20 years I found this book useful, informative and relevant.
Each section covers a different topic that can be relevant for you whether just visiting or living in France and provides excellent vocabulary lists and grammar exercises to get those french brain cells working again!
on 3 November 2013
I was required to order this book as part of my University course and I have found the excercises to be very enjoyable and useful. There is an excellent section at the back of the book which gives help on grammar and the different tenses. Overall I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking to improve their French.
on 28 October 2014
I like this book. It is just the right level for me and understandable. It includes a grammar section and also 'the verbs'.
What struck me was how French has changed since I first learnt the language fifty years ago. This book is bang up to date compared with the French taught at that time, which would now sound quaint.
My one criticism: the book comes with two CDs, on which the language is spoken by French people, but at such a fast rate, that I could not catch everything. I know that French is often spoken rapidly, but for learning purposes, I think the speakers should have spoken a bit more slowly and clearly.
on 6 November 2011
I have only recently purchased this book as part of a year 4 french course. Whilst I have not yet used it an awful lot just yet I am pleased with it; I find the excises enjoyable, the vocab introduced in this book is good in quantity and meaning and the lay out seems to work well for me.
on 21 March 2011
The book has been very useful, in particular the grammar and vocab sections have been of great use! Would definitely recommend for anyone studying French!
on 16 October 2013
This book proved to be an absolute bargain, was unhappy that I had to buy yet another book for my elective but at this price don't mind at all !!
on 9 December 2013
Bought it on behalf of my student daughter. Very bright and well made. Intelligently laid out. Very highly recommended for studying French.,
on 19 February 2016
well structured, with interesting AND FACTUAL reading texts about FRANCE.Good grammar revision and extension sections.GOOD EXTENSION OF TOPICS COVERED IN PALGRAVE 1 on transport , Booking hotel accomodation and Speaking about holiday days. IMPERFECT TENSE, FUTURE TENSE , CONDITIONAL and SUBJUNCTIVE tenses covered in context.
A serious teaching tool for Intermediate and Higher Intermediate adults/ students.