Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 November 2011
It is a great book that is an essential text for my uni degree in SLT. If you have to reflect on practice then this is a book to buy or borrow long term. I decided to buy it as i was sick of going to the library to get it and it is good to have to hand when i have a query about how to reflect and also to aid in developing my reflective techniques.
Excellent for beginners to reflective practice.
on 13 August 2015
An excellent guide to the theory and practice of Reflective Practice. This is well written and easy to understand. Reflective practice can be a topic that is a little hard to pin down - either for the student trying to demonstrate it in an assessment, or a tutor trying to objectively assess it, and this book gives some shape and form to this important skill. It gives an overview of what RP is, why it is important, how it can be practically done, how to demonstrate it and assess it in written work. For me, this is the best introduction to the topic that gives sufficient depth.
on 21 June 2010
I purchased this book, whilst studying on my Access to Social Work Course ready for my Degree. You can dive in and out of the book and not a read page by page, it has excellent reccomendations for references helping you with your research. As a Dyslexic i also found it a easier read and set out really well.
on 6 October 2009
I bought this 3 months before I started my social work course and on opening it panicked! It is not the easiest read. However, even though I am only on week 4 of the first year of the degree, this book is now starting to make sense and I can definately see its future value.
on 20 December 2010
I originally borrowed this book from the college library. I found it so useful that I ended up buying it. Its easy to understand and has helped me through my essays and exams. Hopefully it will also help me through my degree next year. Excellent buy perfect for an aspiring social worker!!
on 6 June 2011
Among the many titles that explore reflection, this one does so extremely accessibly and with an eye to offering the reflector a wide range of tips and techniques on how best to access their reflection and the learning that might flow from it.
on 12 April 2013
This book was purchased for an assignment & it helped no end!! It's a great book & a few in the class borrowed it, easy to understand. Brilliant!
on 19 May 2013
A very helpful book especially on the reflective writing, i found this book invaluable for my studies and for further referencing
on 30 October 2012
this book will help if you are studying for social work or youth work, it help you understand the what reflection is all about
on 21 October 2013
This book was recommended by my university lecturer and I am glad it was. It is simple to understand and jargon free! I would suggest any mental health social work student to buy this book as I know it will not only be useful for my studies but also when in practice. There is a great deal of information within that I know will continue to assist me in practice. I would seriously recommend this book to any social work student or social worker.