on 31 May 2012
The ideal first crinkle book for your child. And the little rhyme in this 'Day' book is a winner. Far better than the 'Farm' book, 'Faces' book or 'Night' book - which are really boring - this is probably the only crinkle book you'll need to buy for a while!
on 17 June 2010
I bought this for my baby when he was a few weeks old - someone had already bought him the Night book. Both books are brilliant in our opinion. When he was little, we used to hold the book upso he could see it and turn the pages looking at the patterns and pictures, reading out the little rhymes. Sometimes we just used to turn the pages looking at the smiling faces and ending up back with the front and the mirror again. This worked a treat, over and over again, to distract him during nappy changes (he used to scream his way through them up til that point), or to occupy him at other times when quieter play was needed.

Now he is older he loves playing with the books himself. They get shaken, squished, crinkled, chewed, gazed at, and are used for page turing practice. We do still go through them together, reading the rhymes, but he is far more interested in doing everything for himself and grabs it back to play with again.

They may not last much longer as far as his interest is concerned, but both have lasted 7 months so far - a good buy definitely!
on 8 March 2011
I brought 3 black and white books for my 5 week old daughter, animals bath book, faces and day. The animals bath boook is her favourite with vivid black, white and green pictures and a mirror on the front, which she loves looking at herself in! The animals you see on the front are what you get inside with their names written underneath. It also has a sucker to stick on the side of the bath.

The faces boook is mummy and daddy's favourite because they're in it with lots of hearts, so you can make up little stories such as daddy loves baby, mummy loves baby etc and the faces are nice and clear with ears and noses for devolping facial awareness (how many ears does daddy have?)

the day book has more words in a little rhyme so will be of more use as baby gets older, but one plus over the others is the lovely noisy crinkly pages.
on 27 July 2011
Baby loves his day & night books - he can squish them, crinkle them and look at himself in the mirror ! Very handy little strap , have one book attached to hus car seat so he has it with him when we're out and about! People thought I was crazy buying books for a then 3 month old - but he genuinely has a great interest in them , be it the colors or the simple pics ! Recommended :-)
on 28 November 2011
My young baby loves this book, we read it every morning. The bright contasting colours really capture her attention. Now that she can grasp, the crinkley pages make it extra interesting. A great gift for new babies.
on 11 September 2011
We have a few books in the 'Baby's Very First Books' range and I think they are fab. My daughter is only 9 weeks old and happily stares at the pages while I read them to her. I especially like this book, Day, because there are whole sentences in it and I was getting bored of the other 3-word books we have. The book is soft, makes a crinkly noise when you touch is, and completely baby proof. A good price too.
on 20 January 2013
it's not a very big book, with many pages, but my niece really likes it. She is only 3 months old. It's very light, makes some noise when played with, different patterns and colours. There is also a little mirror inside which she is absolutely fascinated about.
on 23 July 2012
Have given lots of the "first books". They crinkle and reflect light where there is a mirror, baby can hold the book, and being a book is an important thing...a book introduction at an early age...
Parent and baby fun.....
Learning should be fun....
on 4 October 2010
A simple but effective book. This has been a favorite book of my 19 week old daughter for quite a while now, she loves touching the pages and exploring the crinkle sounds and textures. Because of this I often purchase it as gifts for friends with new babies.
on 6 June 2013
These First Books are excelent for little ones to learn to focus on. My baby at about 2 months was very interested in this book. The velcro loop is excellent for attaching onto carseats, prams and boucer. Well worth the money and worthwhile for children!