Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

One Day (Macmillan Readers - Intermediate)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 June 2014
I bought this due to a recommendation, opting for the readers version rather than the original copy because I like to analyse a book after reading. However, when I opened it, I see in subtle font: 'David Nicholls- One Day, Retold by F H Cornish'. A quick look through and I soon found this was abridged, much to my disappointment as I was never been made aware of this when ordering. When I found an excerpt of the original online, I was shocked by how extremely it had been altered, with the quality of writing having suffered greatly in the 'retelling' process. Don't buy this book at all if you expect a decent read, or at least the story that the great praise for Nicholls may have lead you to expect.
on 9 May 2014
This book is an absorbing easy read. It follows the relationship of Emma and Dexter over twenty years.
At times I wanted to shake Dexter and knock some sense into him and Emma could be equally annoying but in a different way. But that's the sign of a good book - characters who generate an emotional response in the reader.
A great book to take on holiday.
on 14 March 2016
Everything is ok that cost of transport is too big:)