on 24 December 2013
I'm applying to study a post-grad in social work next year and this was on the reading list. Only on chapter one but so far very well written, straightforward. Think it will be a very useful guide to understanding more about the profession of social work.
on 17 February 2014
Good book and is recommended reading on all modules of the social work programme, at times it can be a bit of a heavy read but all in all it has what you need to know about values and ethics as a social worker, which is fundamental in this role.
One person found this helpful
on 13 April 2015
This book is worth every penny as it is all the basic knowledge you need to know about Ethics and Values rolled up in one book.
on 14 February 2018
Good book for social work course
on 21 September 2015
Perfect
on 27 November 2015
Excellent book. I am lucky to have Sarah Banks as a Durham University Lecturer
on 10 May 2013
good value for the money i paid, the book is perfect for my course it give me a broader perspective on the profession.

on 27 May 2015
Clear, easy to read, concise and practical.
on 2 November 2009
Great book, a must for first year undergraduates and professionals alike! Case studies, practice exercises and clear explinations and figures. Lots of accessable content with theoretical issue based features.
One person found this helpful
on 6 September 2013
I bought this because it is on the recommended reading list for my Social Work Degree. I never bought it last year and now I wish I had, maybe my marks would have been higher. I would recommend it highly for students of Social Work. I was impressed with the speedy dispatch and delivery and I will buy again using Ocelot. A very happy customer :) .
4 people found this helpful