Customer reviews

on 4 February 2016
I got this book originally from my local library and ran out of time to read it all as its very comprehensive and detailed. I thought it was so good that I bought a copy and boy is it good!. For anyone who is interested in politics and how the political system works, how the British State developed from its beginning as a military industrial empire, this book is brilliant!. Well written and in nice readable chunks which lay out how political systems grow and develop. I found the chapters on devolved , multi level government particularly useful as this is something we will all have to grapple with in the next few years.
on 28 December 2013
Bought this book with high expectations having being recommended by my lecturer.

This book is in depth but does miss out a few key topics which I would have felt necessary for any book regarding Politics in UK. What this book does well is explain the machinery of government within the UK, better than the other books I have gone through.

Overall, I would recommend this book to the majority of those studying Politics at University. Should you be studying it as a module filler, don't choose this book as it is rather dry. Should you be interested in Politics, this book is rather interesting, as I found it.
One person found this helpful
on 13 January 2016
awesome book for my studies in decision making in government
on 3 November 2014
Everything fine.
on 10 September 2014
The books information is useful and the layout is okay, I prefer the layout and look of the politics UK book but this one is just as good information wise.