Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Advanced Engineering Mathematics
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 April 2017
I am currently doing a General engineering course and I was struggling slightly with the maths since I did not do further maths at A-level (something I would recommend doing in hindsight) however this book covers all the the topics we've done and explains them in much greater detail than the lectures.
on 12 August 2017
Great just what I wanted
on 5 January 2016
Although its expensive, it is a very good book for anyone studying advanced engineering maths (degree level). It helped me through my exams :)
on 16 January 2017
Very useful for the course.
on 5 July 2017
Nice
on 3 January 2004
I am a second year Aeronautics student and I highly recommend this book. The best bit about the book is that all steps in calculations are included so you don't get lost which can be a problem in other text books. The work is set out in a well ordered way, broken down into many sections with constant exercises, tests and reviews. This allows you to follow methods of working step by step from easy examples to the much harder examples (the ones you need for the exams) and also makes each chapter quick to work through and understand. It really is all you could want in a maths text book.
on 12 February 2000
To anyone who is about to undertake, or is indeed in the middle of any engineering degree, this book is a must. Like its sister book, Engineering Mathematics also by Stroud, the layout and style are cleverly designed to keep you working through the chapters. Don't do engineering without a copy.
on 25 March 2005
I was advised to buy Engineering mathmatics as part of my 1st year physics course and have since not had to buy another maths related text book other than Advanced engineering mathmatics. Both books cover every area of maths i have so far needed. i even find i can teach myself stright out the book with no prior knowledge. excellent
on 6 September 2005
I didn't take A-level maths, but convinced my university to let me take Engineering anyway because my Physics grades were good. Anyway, the my lectures required that I read these books (Engineering Mathematics and Advanced Engineering Mathematics) because with my background I was 'at risk' of not being able to complete the course, so I went right through both of them from cover to cover. The books go from the most simple Algebra all the way through to Complex Integration and Non-Linear optimisation. The books are unique in that they make it so easy to progress from one subject to the next in a gentle step-wise manner. The non-nonsense, clear style stopped mathematics feeling like a stuffy and in-penetrable subject.

I said that this was the best investment you'll ever make, that's because I picked up both of these books for £60 new. Without this material, I would not have a first-class engineering degree or a lucrative career writing scientific software. I still use the information I learned from these books on a daily basis.

Warning: Owning these books is not a silver bullet. You have to be committed to work through them end to end including using the examples.
on 6 February 2017
Definitely the best book for development/learning of engineering mathematics! This book is generally for the latter two years of a degree course and beyond. It's like a personal tutor with many examples, tricks and challenges. 10/10