on 18 May 2011
I used this for my first year at university for one of my statistics module. There are huge chunks of theory that are quite hard to understand by those who either have never been exposed to math or those who have not been exposed to math for a very long time. I think it's great for those who simply need to remind themselves "how to do it" or feel comfortable enough (in terms of their math) to follow the chapters and teach themselves. If you need to buy this for a module taught at university, odds are you won't use this book much at all.
VINE VOICEon 20 December 2009
This has been an excellent book to work with. It has lots of examples and its broken down into sections so you don't have to digest huge lumps of theory
But, from the intro I thought it was going to be lighter work than it turned out to be - so I suppose the one star off is because I had to work hard to get through it
The topic is well explained but there is no getting away from the fact is that the whole area is a mine field of potential mis-interpretation so what I think might have helped me was some core explanation , (some things you must know, then the icing on the cake sections as well to break it up and make some things immediately useful.
But I really must say it is comprehensive and very good value for money
on 29 October 2009
I have used earlier editions of this book and am very impressed with the new style, presentation and content. Well done Mr. Oakshott.
on 11 November 2010
This is a very good book if you are studying quantitative methods as part of an economics or business course. I am in my second year of uni and the book has been most valuable in expanding on the lectures. Some knowledge is assumed when the working out is done but a good tutor or lecturer can easily fill in this gaps to make it easy to follow how you arrive at the answer.

I recommend this book for both beginner and intermediate entry levels. However like any book on a particular subject it best used in conjunction with either more advanced or on par material. This is just to balance out the way you learn the information as other texts may explain things better or better illustrate what you are reading.
on 28 February 2014
I used this book during my first year at university. This book has some great examples. I gave this book a 4 star rating because it has just a few errors when you are doing some of the calculations.
on 18 February 2013
The help that I needed! A great book really helping with my degree, book arrived on time and in fantastic condition, was a great price. Perfect.
on 30 August 2013
Its a decent book however I found I did not use it as much as I needed to at university. Delivery of the item was really fast and well packaged
on 12 February 2014
Delivery on time very good condition of book i don't know what to say any more this is all what I wanted to say thanks
on 30 September 2011
This book is in great condition, it's not used too much and it looks good i think i got myself a bargin
on 20 February 2012
Qas the etcc UFC ofvjf arch sgvj jcfds gxcj Gascogne kick Gffc Fuchs rug huh IFC UFC gxcj yhc ghv hdz ghv. Ghv u. Uv UVB yv g. Gvgu g h h gh fdjcss fdjcss ggch yv y. Yv