Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 February 2012
Was told by my lecturer to buy this Film theory book, and I am so glad I did.

Film theory can be incredibly dull and tedious, however this book is clearly set out and written in a tone that is informative and easily understandable.
The book is not too academic, so suitable for all levels, and provides other sources if you want further information.

Would highly recommend this book to any film student, or anyone interested in Film theory.
on 2 December 2014
This book was key during my first year as a Film student, as it really shaped my Film Theory unit and helped me get my head around a number of key theories, such Marxism and Postmodernism. What I learned through this book in first year, proved a great foundation and shaping for a number of my second and third year assignments. It is a very well structured book that makes clear points and uses a wide variety of case studies, and I have to say that I could not recommend it more to Film Studies students especially!
on 6 December 2014
Amazing book! Makes you understand each and every film theory so easily!
on 4 March 2016
Really helpful for my course
on 24 September 2014