VINE VOICEon 19 October 2010
Like other titles in the Palgrave Study Skills range, this provides timely and user friendly information for students at FE and HE level. I recommend this guide to all my students even if they are already quite adept in using their reading in assignments. It quite simply makes for them getting better marks and my job in marking their work a far more pleasurable and positive experience. Nobody likes to get a referral on their work, but students who didn't get this point yet, lecturers don't like giving referrals.
on 27 March 2013
This book is very good for referencing advice when writing essays and assignments. It tells you where to put a reference and how to cite in text.
on 31 October 2010
I am currently in my 3rd year doing a foundation degree i wish i had known about this earlier to help get better marks a great buy and easy accessible definitely worth buying
on 22 August 2013
Very useful for uni essays, get more information about how to write than I do from any lectures and my dyslexia helper
on 13 December 2013
This is a very very useful book, for anyone who has any problems when writing an essay, report . Very useful, easy to follow with loads of different examples. Am pleased.
on 27 March 2016
I am so so sooo happy with this purchase!! I have struggled from work/studying related anxiety for a few years and perfecting my reading/note-making/paraphrasing skills, leading to essay writing was a massive issue for me.
It is so clearly laid out, making it easy to read. The practise questions and answers enable you to really engage with the book and the advice given. It explains different styles of referencing, useful vocab for essay writing and is, in my opinion, a Godsend to anyone experiencing problems in this area.
This book has literally changed everything for me! I am going to uni in September and can't wait to use the skills I have learnt from this book :)
on 5 February 2014
This book is a concise guide for good writing.
Explanations are clear and comprehensible.
Must be kept in hand.
I strongly recommend.
on 19 March 2013
This book is brilliant if like me you struggle with referencing your essays and with quotes. It is so useful, I am now able to select useful appropriate reading for my essays and use the sources correctly. Needed for university students.
on 6 November 2012
This book didn't really live up to the hype for me. It covered very similar ground as its sister book "how to get a first". Therefore it is a bit of a redundant purchase as How to get a First was much more comprehensive.
on 15 February 2013
I needed a book that will help me use my readings in my uni essays.
This book is giving me answers to my problems.
I will recommend to all .
It does the job perfectly.