Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 September 2011
I am a therapist and have recently added on-line Skype video counselling to my services. I thought this book very interesting although much of it I already knew from information gained on the internet and from colleagues. On-line counselling using Skype video is a fairly new media in this country and this book gave very little attention to it. Much of the book concentrates on the use of email. The problem with books like this is that by the time they have been written and published, technology has moved on and much of the content is already slightly out of date. This belief has been reinforced by the on-line clients I have working with me. Not one opted for the email communication.
on 28 June 2011
I would recommend this book for those interested in counselling online.
The authors explain clearly the approaches we should use on the internet as well as which ones work best in distance counselling.
on 20 July 2010
Clear and comprehensive consideration of Online counselling by two experienced practitioners. It covers the main areas of online work - contracting; email exchange; therapeutic chat; empathy online etc. It is practical, setting out all the necessary consideration prior to working online including the essential need for training. The written style is accessible and makes pleasurable reading. Excellent.
on 1 February 2009
This book is writtem by two very experienced online counsellors and tutors and really is a must for any therapist contemplating training to be an online counsellor or psychotherapist, or setting up a practice. It is well written in a conversational style. Legal aspects of working online is a very useful part of the book. As an online counsellor msyself I can thoroiughly recommend it.
on 1 April 2013
This book set out online counselling in a very easy and practical manner. It tells you the history of online counselling, the good and bad points and examples. It is almost a teach yourself online counselling book. Although I had started online counselling I found that this book gave me informative ideas and reminders. Great book if you wish to begin online counselling
on 12 April 2013
A very good book which assisted me very well with my online training to become an on line counsellor, It is recommendable.
on 22 May 2016
the book I ordered is well up to expectation. It was delivered within the time specified
on 23 July 2016
Excellent book for those interested in starting an online counselling service
on 19 July 2015