Customer reviews

on 19 December 2008
This is a board book with eye-catching artwork, but it is very short on substance. Counting the inside covers there are only ten pages consisting of a double page spread for each number from one to five. The left-hand page features an embossed digit while the right-hand page has embossed pictures of the relevant number of animals plus the number in word form (non-embossed. If that sounds complicated, this is what I mean:

1, one, (a picture of one giraffe)
2, two, (a picture of two tigers)
3, three, (a picture of three Dalmatians)
4, four, (a picture of four turtles)
5, five, (a picture of five fish).

The book is disappointingly small and far too quickly read. Surely they could at least have gone up to number ten or twelve to pad things out a bit. When I am settling down for a bonding session over a book, I expect it to last more than 60 seconds.

Also embossing the digits and pictures was fairly pointless, at least in the case of my toddler. He just turned the pages without running his hands over the raised artwork. Even when I took his hand and made him feel the raised surfaces, it left him completely non-plussed. It is just one of those concepts that seemed like a good idea at the time to some creative type and maybe looks good to parents but is over the head of a two year old.

"Touch me, I'm bumpy" declares the front cover.

So what? Who cares?

Not my child.
on 15 April 2009
My daughter just love it. The drawings are very nice. Not only can she learn 1 to 5 but she can also learn the beautiful colors of the backgrounds.

Why not also try the one called "Pattern" that is my second favorite after this one in this collection?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse