Customer reviews

Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears
Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 September 2017
Good book. Bought after reading excellent reviews.
on 1 September 2014
Although I love Emily Gravett's books I did not like this one - it seem to put ideas for fears into little ones' minds.
on 2 May 2017
:-)
on 24 October 2014
this book has fantastic illustrations. very nicely done! story line isn't much. but the illustrations are worth it.
on 27 August 2009
I baught this book for a graphics project in college, and loved it so much that it is now on my bookshelf! It's such a funny little book, the entire thing is very interactive with lots of pull-out pictures, flaps and holes leading to other pages. Even the little things in the book, such as the pencil the mouse carries getting shorter as the pages going along, as it nibbles through nervousness, are very fun. Gravett uses a variety of mediums from pencil scribbles to scanning feathers and images onto the pages. I reccomend this book to both adults and children alike, its just so much fun! :) When i have kids they're definatly going to have a ton of Gravetts books on their shelves, but not just for them to read! :)
on 3 February 2008
I bought this book for my grandson's 5th birthday, however his 6 year old sister; a confident reader, took a liking to it straight away, reading it cover to cover and laughing out loud. She also read it to any one who came to the house pointing out the amusing illustrations and 'extras' in case they didn't get the joke.
A straight forward story for the very young it is the added bits, maps, news cuttings, etc, that will keep older children amused, as they did me.
I have bought a previous book by this author which was enjoyable, but this one had more to it. I would definately recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 19 September 2008
I really love this book. It is just delightful from start to finish.It will have readers of all ages enthralled and covers so many areas.
The first really appealing thing about it is the details- with cut out maps , newspaper cuttings, handwritten scribbles and pop ups you dont know what each page will hold. You really go on a journey with poor little mouse- finding out about all different types of fears- which allow kids to explore their own. Its an ideal book for kids to read on their own or with adults.
The drawings are lovely and you really feel like you have found mouses handwritten journal.Its also a great stepping stone for kids to create their own fear diaries .
I am a childrens counsellor and love this book- even as a 36 adult I find it delightful and would recommend it to everyone.
Just make sure you buy the hardback version for all the extra touches. You can read it again and again as there is so much detail you will always find something new. One of the best books out their.
on 6 June 2017
I didn't feel that this would be suitable for my six year old grand daughter because it seems to project the idea of irrational fears, which she doesn't have, thankfully. It would make a good addition to a child therapist's aids and this could be mentioned in its description, perhaps.
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2008
My son is finding reading difficult and for a while, refused to have stories read to him because he perceived them as being (school) "work". I have to choose books for him very carefully and this was one I knew straight away that he would like.

The book is interactive and appeals to a childs imagination because of the chewed edges, holes in pages, pull out maps and newspapers. This is a lovely book and one I would consider giving to children as gifts.

I can see that this book will remain with us for a very long time.
on 27 May 2008
The reason I choose to write abot this book is because I have read it in school with my library teacher I like it because Emily Gravett is my best book auther.