Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 September 2012
I'm a budding marine mammal biologist so I was overjoyed when this book first came out, and despite not really having the money I bought it anyway.
I've always liked reading autobiographies as they're real stories with real challenges in them. This book presents just that. I couldn't put it down. It filled me with so much hope and re-ignited my passion (not that it was dwindling too much, but times a difficult these days), it really helped me get back on the horse, or boat if you will, as, although the author didn't face the same problems that I have now, there were still problems that had to be overcome and reading about someone who overcame their obstacles has really helped me in my time of doubt.
From a less personal point of view the book is well written and has a fabulous story to follow. The passion and inspiration that you pull from the book are very strong and the experiences well described. I recommend this to anyone who's an environmentalist especially with the ocean in mind.
on 30 April 2012
You just look at the cover and you already feel yourself completely immersed in the book, with fishes and dolphins swimming around you. This is the kind of book that you start and you do not want to stop reading it.
Dolphin Confidential is an easy and passionate book, characterized by an amazing personal, neat and sincere touch. It has the great capability to take you by hand throughout all Maddalena's adventures and shows you the beauty and challenges of being out in the nature and study cetaceans.
But, biologists or not, it doesn't matter; this is a book for everybody... For students who need inspiration for what they are doing, for cetacean experts who want to re-live some memories, for non-biology people who want to know better about dolphin research `stuff', for travellers who want to read about remote places and breath salty waters, for dreamers who just want to take a breath from a busy day.
Do not miss it!
on 10 May 2012
This is an intimate and honest memoir about coming of age as a marine biologist. I loved it; it's a fun and inspiring read appropriate for all ages!