Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 May 2017
Bought for a friend and he loves the book. Thought it'd be funny joke recipes at first so I was a bit unsure, however it seems to be recipes made with Alcohol which is PERFECT for him! He loves it!
on 24 October 2013
I already had the The Hungover Cookbook by the same author and this is a great companion for that, although after trying out some of the recipes there is no hangover to cook for.
The book is concise, amusing and has lovely illustrations. The recipes are simple and interesting to carry out while inebriated - plus easy to adapt to the contents of your fridge. Above all though, so far, all my attempts at following the recipes have been very tasty. Milton clearly knows his subject well. I Recommend and so does my drinking companion.
on 20 November 2013
I bought this book, and its predecessor (The Hungover Cookbook) for myself on a whim and wildly enjoyed reading it - this sort of thing has the possibility to be quite cheap and jokey but in reality its cleverly humorous, charming in its approach and I actually refer to the recipes often (even when not necessarily inebriated or suffering from the effects of previous inebriation)!

Nicely designed and laid out with quite sweet illustrations. A good one to leave on the coffee table for browsing amusements.

I've been using it as a go-to gift and its wide in appeal - everyone from my 65+ Dad to my best friend enjoyed it. Might buy a few more for stocking-stuffers and various Secret Santa needs!
on 16 January 2015
This cookbook has quite humorous anecdotes, alas the recipes have ingredients in italics and very small font so is impossible to use as a cookbook. Also ingredients are in a paragraph rather than a list format, cannot imagine ever cooking from this book.
on 16 December 2016
A very nice little book for my secret Santa thing. Didn't really know what to expect, was really caught by the name.
But all the recipes are quite complicated with ingredients you wouldn't normally have at home. Not quite the drunken food you'd expect. Overall very nice for fancy eaters.
on 13 September 2014
Love it! Brought this item for a sticking filler for my fiancé last Christmas and it went down a storm! Brought another book which completed the title as an additional stocking filler! Very pleased with this book!
on 12 December 2013
I brought these books for my step sons as they do like a drink or two! Thought it would be a joke but some of the recipes
are really good!
on 2 November 2014
Bought for my son as a jokey stocking filler - a great read . Can't wait to read the rest in the series !
on 11 February 2014
......... however, it caused a lot of laughter over the festive season as various house guests identified with the content. The recipes are actually quite varied, not just "rummage through bin, put kebab on plate, microwave until hot enough to case third degree burns when accidentally dropped on thigh".
on 11 February 2015
I bought this as a present for my brother - who hated it.

It's not really usable as a cookbook (which is odd given the title). So if you are looking for something to buy someone as a present as a book containing usable and accessible recipes - and are considering this, I'd think again.