Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 April 2017
I had previously used their recipe for meringue kisses (its online, use that instead of this book) and had great success. The book is very aesthetically pleasing. And the meringue kisses section is great.

However. Thus far I've made one other recipe; the cookie dough meringue slices. The method mentions to add the brown sugar. There is no brown sugar in the ingredients list. Then to cream this brown sugar with the melted butter and golden caster sugar. I'm still not sure how to cream liquid butter. Anyway. It tastes like shortbread. The meringue is great. It's the same recipe as the free one online though.

Was this book not read through before publishing? Or did they just hope people just looked at the pretty pictures.

If you are buying this book for a coffee table book, maybe for some recipe ideas then carry on. I will attempt the cookie dough/ meringue combo again. With my cookie recipe. Not the one in this book.

If you are buying for the recipes, maybe don't bother. There is nothing ground breaking.

Hopefully I chose a dud recipe in this book and the rest are great. But I think a quick giggle search would probably yield better recipes.
on 13 March 2017
Some good ideas
on 6 August 2017
Amazing recipes and inspiring to try more meringues!
on 10 December 2013
Bought for my daughter for her birthday she is very good at meringues and was delighted with the book and loves all the different ideas
on 29 January 2017
Good recipes and colourful illustrations.
on 18 August 2014
have not used it yet but it s pleasant read
on 30 October 2013
great book, new ideas, very creative. Saw these at the cake and bake show and the meringue kisses are definitely the next fashion food when cupcakes start to lose their appeal...also not nearly as fattening.
on 2 March 2014
Have made meringues quite a few times since getting the book and really enjoying them and really enjoying the flavours of kisses, love experimenting with it! Quite a few of the desserts don't appeal though, and it seems sometimes they are simply trying to "find" or add meringues to a dessert to include it in the book however I very much like the book.
on 17 November 2013
I am very, very pleased with this book.

It's full of great recipes which are easy to follow.
Would recommend it to everyone :)
on 26 June 2014
Wow, I was a bit surprised when my Mum gave me this book, the pictures are amazing and I doubted my ability to recreate the recipes.
All I have to say is Easy Peasy, cheap and too yummy.
Oh and one more thing, this book is worth the asking price for the chocolate and beetroot cake recipe alone. It is the most stunning moist cake I have ever made. (Doesn't taste of beet at all)