Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 September 2013
The best Vietnamese cookbook I possess & I have several. Well thought out, simple easy to follow recipes which give excellent results every time. It"s so good I am planning to visit the market stall on London's Broadway Market in the coming weeks and the nearby restaurant. Where some ingredients may be hard to obtain they give easy to acquire alternatives that do not comprise the authentic taste of the end result. Brilliant.
on 12 October 2013
I received this book today and devoured it from cover to cover. I felt really inspired to cook so many of the dishes. I was expecting the majority of recipes to be interesting but inaccessible (thinking I may have difficulty finding the ingredients or they might be complicated) but not so. I could easily rustle up the majority of these dishes on any weeknight and would fully expect my three young kids to enjoy them. As a bonus, without claiming to be so, they all look very healthy too. Can't wait to get started. Finally the book makes me want to go to Vietnam!
on 9 February 2015
This is a fantastic resource, It is well-written and has excellent photographs. It's a great book, full of excellent recipes. Definitely worth it, and although it is not as flashy a book - the recipes are just as good as many of Luke Nguyen's.

This book also has an excellent phō noodle soup recipe. So far, my favourite is a Roast Chicken which doesn't require any oil. Just fish sauce, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. It's fantastic.
on 19 September 2013
If somebody offered to pay for me to return to a country I have visited it would be Vietnam. The food eclipses anything the French can offer, and this cookbook brought it all home.
on 5 April 2016
This is a beautiful book with easy to follow recipes. I ordered it as soon as we got home from a holiday in Vietnam because I loved the food so much. I'm not disappointed! It's got mouthwatering photos too.
on 10 October 2015
Thank you Anh and Van for allowing me to impress the inlaws with these fantastic recipes! The caramel ginger salmon was easily the best homecooked meal I've had this year. Dishes for every occasion, very wel written instructions, all the ingredients are easy enough to obtain, even in rural Dutch markets. Simple and fast recipes for a quick snack, but eloquent dishes for a very special meal are in there as well. All accompanied by lovely sidenotes that give a glimpse of the real Vietnam in between the food.
Absolutely amazing!
on 8 December 2014
A Fabulous cookbook. Full of lovely recipes, and plenty of information regarding sourcing ingredients.
Bought for a present for someone who has just returned from Vietnam- he was absolutely delighted with it !
on 7 January 2015
Really lovely book. Made Chicken Pho the day it arrived and was relieved at how easy it was to follow. Brought back lots of memories of Vietnam, and I can't wait to try out the other recipes.
on 15 August 2014
Excellent read, easy to follow layout. Next step is to visit the restaurant in London
on 3 March 2016
This is a seriously lovely book, beautifully presented with easy-to-follow recipes. Most importantly the results are stupidly delicious!