on 8 December 2013
Tremendous reporting. This book has to be read by all sporting (especially cycling) enthusiasts. It also shows the endless fascination and allure that successful men possess. A timeline from the true beginning of professional cycle sport to the science it has become today.
on 16 July 2015
A fantasic biography of a legend - I leaernt so much about a man who was often cited as an inspiration by the greatest riders of the last 40 years. The first winner on L'Alpe D'huez, a truly great and tragic rider who's only real fault was he didn't know when to retire.
on 28 February 2010
I bought this book as a present for my Dad who followed Coppi back in the day, best he could, as a young man in Britain at that time. Anyways, safe to say Dad loves this book. He hasn't put it down and has repeatedly told me how much he is enjoying it. Great buy.
on 15 April 2014
Fantastic story of how dificult it was to Live and Race around the war years, plus a personal insight into Coppi's life.
I would recomend this book to anyone who has an interest in how hard you had to be to be a professional Cyclist in these times.
on 19 July 2009
I'm a very long time fan of Fausto Coppi, so a lot of facts in this book I already know, however, for someone new to the exploits of Coppi, and his world and times, it is very informative and well written - I could'nt put it down! What more can you ask.
on 23 February 2014
As before bought as part Christmas present for friend who raced and knew the score. He says many of the top racers were on drugs because they couldn't bear to lose. He seemed to enjoy reading this book so I have rated it four stars.
on 4 November 2012
By my own admissioion I am not the most academic person. However, I love cycling and it's history.
This book is so well written and obviouslt[y very well researched,

Thank you tothe author I loved it.
cheers john
on 10 May 2013
A good well written piece about the man whose name always crops up when the grand tours come about. The right mix of what it took to get him there, Serse, the White Lady and his demise made for an enjoyable read.
on 5 December 2013
i've bought this for my cycling husband as a stocking filler on recommendation from a daily blog i receive. i haven't read it myself so can't comment fully but the blog said it's a very exciting read.
on 24 December 2010
This is up there with the best cycling books I have read. Fotheringham does a fantastic job in telling the story.

Really enjoyed it: great mix of sporting, social and tragic narrative.