Customer reviews

Masquerade
Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 April 2017
This is well old, so a review may seem pointless. Brought as an example to show students of how to do a puzzle book. The answers to the clues are online; personally I never did figure them out years ago, but it's the original and a superb example of its genre.
on 26 July 2015
Well this brought back very many happy memories of time spent curled up on the sofa with my daughter when she was small delighting in the illustrations. The book is in excellent condition, was delivered promptly and was unbelievably good value.
on 3 September 2014
Masquerade is an inspiring & truly magical creation. Published in 1979, the hidden treasure has long since been found & auctioned off - nevertheless this collection of Kit Williams paintings is treasure in itself. Reminds me of my childhood daydreams & makes me want to paint & play again in imagined worlds.
on 4 August 2017
Although this was found many years ago, I wanted to work through the process
on 19 May 2014
I have always wanted to own a Kit Williams book; his artwork is fascinating and magical.
This one arrived on time and hardly worn despite being 39 years old ! ( Printed in 1979 ). Somehow that increases the the magic. Each page holds a clue and I shall now begin to solve the puzzle..........
on 3 October 2015
Bought this larger (original) version as the smaller one I bought, which contained the solution, did not allow me to see the detail of the paintings clearly. It was worth buying this one.
on 19 November 2012
A lovely book, filled with beautiful illustrations. Interesting to look at. A nice book to own. The pictures are very detailed. Wonderful to consider that this book was once the source of a giant treasure hunt, don't think I would have been able to solve it though.
on 1 August 2015
Gave me hours of pleasure. A massive pictorial and literary Conundrum! A Classic. Cheers Kit!
on 2 December 2016
Bought as a nostalgic gift for someone and I'm sure it will be appreciated.
on 1 April 2017