on 7 June 2017
Great price and quick delivery.
on 19 July 2017
Bought this for my reluctant 11 year old reader. We read a story a night together and really enjoyed all of them.
on 20 September 2017
Bought this just for the Henry sugar story.
on 8 April 2017
As expected
on 1 September 2017
Brilliant
on 2 April 2013
All the short stories are very good specially The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar. you will never forget it. A wonderful book. Recommend it to any adult.
on 11 September 2013
I bought this for the Henry Sugar story to give to my Argentinian friend who's learning English. He's not quite at the level to read it yet but I re-read it online before I bought it and thought that this would be a lovely story for him to learn with. Plus it's not at all childish like other books for young adults and children. It's a really fascinating and uplifting story, now I can remember why I liked it so much when I was a child. I can't remember if I've read the other stories in the book but when he's finished with the book maybe I'll borrow it!
on 26 March 2016
The best book of short stories. Period!
on 20 July 2017
As in all short story compilations, you like some, you hate some, and you are indifferent to some.

I don't really think I "loved" any of the stories in this book, but I did enjoy a few. The Hitchhiker story was super entertaining with lots of humor and Mildenhall Treasure was fascinating in that it was a true story that Roald Dahl wrote after speaking to the person who found the treasure having read the story in the newspapers. The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar was also a very interesting story and felt like it could have been expanded into a book in its own right.

The rest of the stories in the book ranged from "meh" to "ugh".

The "meh" stories were: The Boy Who Talked With Animals, Lucky Break and a Piece of Cake.
The "ugh" story - really meaning disgusting and very graphically disturbing story was The Swan. This story should come with an advance warning, because it involves violent children who disfigure animals and torture a kid in graphic detail.

The 3 stars are for the 3 stories that I enjoyed reading. Otherwise, I couldn't really recommend this book.
on 20 July 2017

The rest of the stories in the book ranged from "meh" to "ugh".