Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 28 April 2001
This book has excellent diagrams and a great cd rom. Great for students or laypersons intersted in how the body works and why it works. Easy to follow diagrams and explanations from A level to Masters. Carlsons style of writting is simple to follow and not intimidating
on 9 February 2010
I'm very happy with this coursebook as it is thorough, scientific, yet rather easy to understand (lots of pictures, graphs and videos on PsychKit). I highly recommend it for Year 1 and Year 2 of Psychology studies and it is probably good even for subsequent studies; therefore, I don't intend to sell it.
on 9 August 1999
The text is clear and concise, the illustrations brilliant. I cannot reiterate enought - this book was instrumental in my passing this years exams. It's now dog-eared, well thumbed and well used!
on 18 June 2014
Definitely too expensive for the actual quality of the book. Pages are very thin and easily ripped. Would suggest getting an older version as they are almost exactly the same at a fraction of the cost. Nevertheless, excellent packaging received in very good condition
on 5 July 2015
This is a fave! Smart manual, very well constructed and illustrated and, as Carlson asserts in the beginning of the book, it certainly was a manual I had to work at to piece everything together - which was frustrating with an assignment deadline looming but ultimately very rewarding! The language is easy to read, and the detail more than sufficient for my MSc. Clearly the author has applied his understanding of the brain to create a text designed for you to learn from.
on 2 January 2012
This textbook is one of the core reads for my course, and a definite investment. As far as textbooks go, I love it! The information is well set out, easy to take in, and in sufficient detail. Has been an absolute life-saver! Would recommend it.
on 20 June 2015
Although the content is great and this book is an absolute saviour (I use it for my psychology degree) the pages are so flimsy i've ripped it twice just from turning the pages.

I'd recommend a different version, not this one.
on 14 April 2016
I adore this book, it is general and concise but at the same time is quite explanatory, I really recommend it if you are studying anything that is related, it is useful for many levels, it depends how you read it, and what area, I recommend it for neuroscience and behaviour, it has information about recent research, which provides you with the opportunity to search for the specific papers. I must have.
on 31 January 2012
Brain and Behaviour by Carlson is a fantastic text. Was an essential reading material for my second year university course, so I recommend you buy it if you want to pass. Will definitely be using it in years to come
on 6 June 2014
A great book, very informative and most importantly understandable. Significantly aided me throughout my biological psychology module of my undergraduate studies.