Customer reviews

Child Development: International Edition: United States Edition
Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 January 2011
Fantastic book. Accessible reading, includes 100's of great study examples which are not only interesting reading, but great for bolstering papers/exams grades and for further reading. Great coverage of research methods appropriate for study of child development and introduction on the history/emergence of child development as a discipline. I highly recommend this book to anyone studying child development for the first time. Ideal for undergraduate study upwards. Certainly this book will prove useful as a reference for advanced study - this book is a keeper.
on 6 April 2010
Really helpful book. Am in year 2 of psychology BSc and this book compliments the course well- makes things clear and easy to follow. Only thing is there isnt much about transitive inference which is a concept I didnt understand so had to look at other sources.
on 8 May 2013
I'm a speech and language therapy student and need this textbook for one of my modules. Though I've to admit it's pretty expensive, it's quite interesting to read if you're really interested in children development. I've already read other related textbooks before, but I personally prefer this.
on 18 January 2012
Delivery wasn't as quick as it could have been but it was okay. The book was in good state and I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in the topic but doesn't know much about it yet, as it explains everything in simple terms.
on 12 November 2007
This is an excellent book in the American style with very good layout and illustrations and it is easily read but is expensive for a paperback. My main reservation about this book is that there seems to be an underlying bias towards the feminist-type view of child development which the reader needs to be aware of. Dr. Bill Cochrane
on 26 October 2001
This book is excellent, a great source of information for beginners of all ages.
Contains all the necessary information, and is also great for dipping in and out of. A real MUST read. Clearly presented in modern format, with lots of prompts for further thought. The Summaries at the end of each section make it great for revising previous points or simply for deciding whether this chapter will be relevant. SUPERB BOOK.Easy on the Brain! A GOOD INVESTMENT.
on 1 March 2012
The book is very good for my first year at university and has already helped me with assignments. I would suggest this book to any 1st year psychology students doing developmental psych!. Great buy and Good value!
on 27 February 2017
I am using this book for my Developmental Psychology class in uni and I love it! It is easily understandable yet very informational. The shipping was very quick and I got it much earlier than I expected.
on 23 August 2010
Bought this to use in support of a university subject.

It is a very interesting read. Colourful with loads of extra bits for examples of the material being covered.

Highly recommended
on 18 February 2013
She is doing a degree in Psychology and this book, she finds, is very interesting indeed. Just what she needs for her course, along with the other books she and I have ordered through Amazon.