on 30 August 2014
This book is a must have for anyone in clinical years studying medicine. It is great, it has a LOT of things you SHOULD know and MORE. Its sections on examination are quite good too. It has quotes and other "funny" remarks here and there and at the beginning of each chapter that will stop you from being bored! It is very much like the previous editions but with a few improvements and a different colour scheme, so if you don't own any copies of your own already, then I would go for this one.

The question book that comes with it is good, has a range of difficulty questions and has very brief explanations to answers. It links back to the handbook which is good. Other question books may be better but this is a nice small book.
on 9 June 2016
As a former medical student i must say this is the one to have. I have OHCM 8E and now also the 9E. There is no better place to learn and read up on things, it fits in your pocket, is trustworthy and you know that when in need you can always turn to OCHM and get the answers. It is sometimes amazing that how much good information you can pack to two pages that one subject usually has. And I am often amazed how well written this handbook is and how much knowledge I have gained from it. I can really recommend this handbook to every medical student or junior doctor and if you are just going to read one Oxford Medical Handbook in your life, better make sure that it is this one!
on 11 November 2014
I think this is every medical students go to, at least all the ones I know!

Personally I think there are better books for revision but as a quick guide on the ward its brilliant.

Really like the question book
on 8 October 2015
This is a must have for all med students and juniors doctors. Each condition is grouped accordingly and a concise summary is given - if you are looking for detail then this is not the book for you but if you want a great clinical aid when doing ward work or when revising for overview exams then this is the book for you.
on 25 February 2014
I was a medical student at the University of Amsterdam medical school when the first edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine was published. I have always been in admiration of UK medical publishing, but this volume is the one truly outstanding medical textbook, crammed full of essential information. It is an indispensable item for any doctor. It may with its over 1400 pages now have outgrown my pocket, but it still fits very well in my doctor's bag. I am a Dutch GP in the Welsh countryside and wherever I go my loyal companion the OHCM goes with me.
on 26 December 2015
The handbook is an absolute must for all medical students in year 3 and above. Started borrowing one from the uni library but used it so often I thought I might as well buy it. Got the MCQ book as well although I haven't had a proper look through it. Buying both as a bundle saves a bit of money as well.
on 6 March 2014
The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine is medical encyclopaedia, compressed and styled as a handbook.
I never seen such a comprehensive book in a small volume. I strongly recommend it to all medics.
on 5 July 2014
Excellent book, daughter is a medical student, and she said it is really good. Only a second year medical student, so perhaps a little early for her, but she likes the look of it and had heard all about it from other fellow students of older years. Highly recommend
on 21 February 2014
So far so good. The question book that come with it for me is worth the money too! At least we can practice and read at the same time!
on 9 May 2015
Perfect! Didn't realise the 250 MCQ was a separate BOOK- which is also awesome! I am a second year medical student, but needed it for my 5th year progress test papers. Our course makes us sit 5th year papers thrice every year, so I'm hoping these two books will help me in preparation for coming paper! My mother who is a qualified A&E middle grade doctor has a book of her own too (without the MCQs). So I think it would work for both medical students and qualified doctors!