on 1 April 2013
I recently had the 2011 paper version and decided away from the 2013 paper version due to the fact that the cover has changed from the durable plastic to paperback! As response officers will know we need something 'bobbyproof' so I did not fancy ruining a brand new book. That's when I thought about the Kindle version...
I must admit I was slightly put off by the price (£18 for something I can't hold/have in my bag) but think about it...how many times do we go to jobs and sometimes need a quick look at either a point to prove, section of the law to be 100% sure about etc etc...and what better place to have it than on my iPhone 5, in my WORK FOLDER!
This is an invaluable piece of kit to have in your iPhone tool box!!!
Buy it now!!!
on 5 December 2012
Had the earlier edition and wanted to get the newer updated version, bit concerned about it being a paperback as I didn't think it would stand up to the usage as the previous plastic covered one did. Then I decided to give kindle app a go and downloaded it onto my iPad. Brilliant, and the shift use it all the time.
VINE VOICEon 21 August 2014
I downloaded the ebook version for Amazon Kindle as I wanted to have this book close to hand on my phone. Carrying a book around in work is not particularly convenient. The Police Operational Handbook is up to date with current legislation. In ebook format its easy to search for offences and various powers that are commonly encountered day to day. the Kindle versions is easy to navigate and read.
on 22 May 2014
i work as an ERO in a busy London Police Station. This book is perfect as a Quick reference guide. All the essential bits of information in a none complicated readable format, ideal for all my needs. A great reference for quick time decisions. Nice and compact, so it's always ever present in my bag. An absolute must
on 11 January 2014
Up to date legislation in a small compact size - ideal to put in your kit bag or patrol bag and also incredibly useful if you're in training for PC, Special Constable or on any university courses relating to Policing. A Must-have item!
on 21 August 2014
A most have for all constables! excellent for the probationer and special constable.
on 6 September 2013
This is ever so useful, but does take a bit of getting use to, with the format being different from the classic brick that is the book version. That said, once you adapt, a world of information available on your phone.
on 24 July 2015
Bring back the original versions that came out each year that every police station used when deciding what to charge person with.
on 22 June 2015
the book was a birthday gift. We received the2015 edition instead which we hope is just the upgrade tp the oreereg edition
on 20 October 2015
such a helpful book! helped me so much with my degree!
easily to find law and legislation. and nice sized too!