Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 October 2013
This is good book to turn to for reference, although if you're not using it to aid your memory (to remember term you may have forgotten) then this book might not be for you. I've used this book countless times for remembering terms I've forgotten although would never use it to learn the terms!
on 8 August 2013
An excellent reference work with clear disambiguity and excellent verbal classification. It is small enough to keep handy and yet still contain a great amount of information.
on 28 October 2013
An excellent book to improve your grammar and punctuation. This would be ideal for students and anyone who wants to improve
writing.I recommend this book.
on 8 January 2014
I am 57 and I have never ever really understood punctuation until now. I grew up in an era where teachers barked orders and questions were never given proper answers, you either understood or you didn't; I didn't. This has been a great little book to have and very easy to understand. Highly recommended.
on 18 January 2014
If your grammar and punctuation needs some work, look no further than this book. It's worth every penny. It goes into more depth than I was ever taught in school and serves as a fantastic reference guide that you can open up and look through. It's a small book and you can quite easily find what you're looking for without too much effort. If you don't know your homonyms from synonyms or your verbs from your nouns, buy this book and you'll soon be up to speed!
on 2 September 2014
Pretty complicated. Doesn't really make it any easier to understand what proper grammar and punctuation looks like. Part of the problem is the obscure names used for the various types of word. On this basis I think this A-Z is intended for people who understand this stuff already and who just need to occasionally look at a reference manual. I was lost and bored less than 30 pages in.
on 23 February 2014
The price was reasonable and the content were what I expected. No complaints. I have recommended to a school friend.
I was disappointed to find this book is only A6 size, which means the font is tiny. There was nothing in the product description or scale in the photo to indicate the book was 'pocket-size.'

The contents are excellent, though, you do need to have a reasonable understanding of grammar to know what you are looking for and get the most out of the book. I like how shading has been used to highlight tables, lists and diagrams. The use of word hierarchy helps with the explanation and understanding of the topic.

The book will be a helpful accompaniment to the textbooks I am using to improve my grammar. It is more of a reference manual than a book to learn about grammar and punctuation, though.
on 3 March 2015
Good used in conjunction with other language ref materials (such as online grammars/ learning and teaching resources/ the Oxford Concise Dictionary). It wouldn't use it as a stand alone definitive grammar, it's more for use as a quick alphabetically arranged grammar-check.
on 20 November 2015
An absolute lifesaver! As a trainee teacher, I used to really struggle to tell my subordinate clauses from my contractions but no more! Very handy if a child has a question - you can model using a dictionary/alphabetised text to look up an answer!