Customer reviews

How to Study for a Mathematics Degree
Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 December 2016
An outstanding book for any undergraduate or A level student. The book is full of detail and tips to help you succeed if your studying for Mathematics Degree. My advice would be to get this book as early as possible (ideally near the end of your A level Mathematics course or the summer before you start University as it will give some preparation to University.

The book won't make you fly through your Mathematics Degree but it will certainly make your experience a little easier!

The Arthur goes into some great detail on what to expect from lectures, what the tutors expect off you and how best to approach your course and fellow students.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 June 2016
Was very useful during the time before I began my degree, this book set me up perfectly to study for my degree. It has concepts and problems that will be easily understandable by the highschool graduate target audience, and helps build up a basis for degree-level work.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2017
Excellent product, thank you.
on 7 May 2018
excellent
on 3 September 2016
Useful and relatable for a first year. Recommended to me by my mechanics lecturer - and the ideas remain relevant today (I am in third year now).
on 12 September 2015
Very Good
on 17 September 2017
Perfect book for anyone about to start a mathematics related degree.
on 31 October 2016
Great book, delivered on time.
on 5 July 2015
An excellent book. Well written with many examples.
on 10 March 2013
I started reading this book as I know Lara Alcock, I carried on as it is a great read with lots of useful advice. Not only will following the tips in "How to Study for a Mathematics Degree" improve your degree results, it will help you progress in your career.

Many of the areas that mathematics graduates struggle with when they start work, and some carry on struggling with, are clearly and helpfully dealt with. Working in the way that Lara suggests during your degree will enable you to start work a few steps ahead of the typical mathematics graduate and carry on that way.

Although I graduated many years ago, I will certainly be using much of the advice going forward, including that on dealing with a panic situation!

Enjoy the read