on 3 June 2015
Robustly bound book. Will probably outlast a paperback version I had previously, Good quality publication with every conceivable rhyme.

After using this book, for some months, I have noticed a few omissions, mainly word extensions. So I have returned to my old paperback version of The Penguin Rhyming Dictionary by Rosalind Fergusson which I have found to be invaluable. Even though it is in need of some glue to hold it together.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2017
Exactly as ordered and expected.
on 5 May 2016
Excellent resource for song writing
on 18 December 2016
Great
on 3 January 2013
As a writer this Rhyming Dictionary is top of the class
A writer's and poet's friend that works so well.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 May 2013
An extremely well put-together dictionary. So easy to find your way around. Anyone could use it. Well worth the cost.
on 3 December 2014
The New Oxford Rhyming Dictionary is nowhere near as comprehensive as I expected, and the index reads like a list of words that are unusual in English. The last five entries under 'L', for instance, are 'Lysander, Lysenko, Lysippus, Lysol, Lytton', and then 'M' begins with 'Malaga, mesalliance, ma'am, ma, Maas'. I could go on, and this is just a random selection. Such everyday words as 'gently' aren't listed (nor could I find it in the main body, though 'Bentley' is there), nor its alternative 'softly', though for some reason 'softish' and 'softly-softly' are. I'm giving it two stars instead of one because I can't rule out the possibility that I've somehow misunderstood the purpose of this book or the correct way of using it, and also because I'm used to Oxford reference books being top-notch, but it really hasn't been useful to me so far.
5 people found this helpful
on 16 November 2014
very good
on 22 January 2015
Exactly the type of book my son was wanting.
on 20 April 2013
My fault . I used to have a ryming dictionary many years ago thought this would be the same
This is complicated and uninspiring.