on 16 April 2014
This Kindle edition I read was clear, interesting and kept me reading to the end - chapter after chapter, which is what I very much enjoy in a good read.

The author explained sometimes, complex reasons for why us Brits educated the way we do today. If you decide to give this a read you'll see what I mean... Each chapter can be read on its own - but I was able to get to the end in about 4-5 sittings.

This introduction was easy to understand and the recommended reading at the back contains some useful references including a youtube link of Sir Ken Robinson on the subject of "Changing Education Paradigms", keyword search for it, if you like. Again, why do we teach the way we do? Why do we group young people into batches? As if the most important thing about them is the date of manufacture???

Anyway - hope this review was helpful. This book comes highly recommended.
on 7 November 2016
Highly interesting and informative book about the subject of education. Gave me something to think about regarding my own education and taught me that education and schooling are not necessarily the same thing.

Handy format for bringing with you wherever you go.
on 9 December 2014
good short (160) page introduction to the history of and current topics in education. Very readable. I wanted background for an Ivan Illich essay, but was surprised to find a good short summary of his ideas included as well.
on 9 December 2016
a really good introduction for my Education degree. Very informative. Highly recommend.
on 26 September 2017
Great book !

Fast delivery
on 25 December 2015
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 November 2014
Not read yet but seems very informative
on 28 August 2014
Clear introduction to education
on 5 October 2016
Thank you! Perfect.
on 11 March 2015
Every student teacher, in fact every teacher should read this... perhaps a few government ministers too. Just teh right of detail and pleasantly biased!