on 18 April 2017
Good introduction to coding in fortran
on 24 September 2012
The book is very nice for a beginner as well as more advanced programmer. It covers most of the important topics in Fortran spanning over Fortran 77 to 2008. Some chapters that I couldn't find anywhere else in such a comprehensive way, are "C interoperability" and co-arrays. I would suggest this to beginners that have some basics in programming and advanced users that need to catch up with new fortran features and have a nice reference book.
on 2 March 2016
Even as a 35+ year Fortran programmer, I use this book on a near daily basis. I find the exposition to be excellent for features I am using for the first time. And I also find it to be very useful as a reference source to which I return frequently, when I can't remember specific details.

I don't think there is a better book out there covering the latest Fortran standard, both for relative beginners and old hands.
on 1 October 2016
IMO a very helpful reference book dealing with the currently available versions of fortran
on 14 March 2013
The content of the book is good - see other reviews. The reason for only giving it three stars is that it isn't very well "kindle-ised". In particular, there isn't the option to go to a specific page (as opposed to a location), and there are no hyperlinks in the index at the back, which only quotes page numbers (not locations, or even chapters/sections). So the index is unusable, which is a very frustrating in a reference book!