on 12 September 2013
I teach mathematics and the subject has been my passion throughout my almost 60 years of walking this Earth. If someone were to ask me - what is it about maths that makes it so interesting for you? - then this roundup of mathematical curiosities comes pretty close to providing the answer. I recently gave 15 copies of this as Mathematics Endeavour prizes to youngsters at my school - and bought a spare copy which I carry around with me! A fabulous read.
One person found this helpful
on 4 February 2017
I'm a maths teacher and I love this kind of book and "quirky" number problems. Great little read for anyone who likes maths.
on 20 March 2017
This is the best book ever. After I had read it I bought it again so that I could give a copy to a friend.
on 13 March 2013
Ideal for secondary school sudents, its a gem and if I could afford it I would buy one for every student I ever teach. If you are in the sixth form and want to see how facinating maths can be - buy this one!
on 24 March 2018
My son loves it
on 12 April 2016
bought this to find out interesting facts about maths so i can talk about it for my university interview. However i bought it in 2009 and i remember it was £10 or under for the hardcover
on 7 November 2015
Anyone who likes math will like the way this book explains some of the tricks and calculations.
on 10 November 2013
As someone that studied as a mathematician in the 70's, I found this book to provide a powerful memory of how much I have forgotten.
This is quite simply a must read for everyone even remotely interested in the beauty of mathematics. Whether you are thinking about taking the subject further, actually doing just that, or reminiscing like me - get this book!
One person found this helpful