Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 February 2012
This 7th edition of Whish's classic textbook is fully updated to take account of the Lisbon Treaty, the Commission's Guidance document on the enforcement of Article 102 and the new Vertical Block Exemption, amongst others. As always, the book continues to explain this vast area of law in an engaging and accessible way, both for LLB and LLM students. Almost every topic and sub-topic is cross-referenced with suggestions for further reading, so again 'Competition Law' is very handy for those starting a dissertation and in need of some useful direction. The book is very well-structured, each chapter starting with a 'Contents' section, before dealing with the topic at hand in a very logical fashion. Theories and concepts are broken down with easy-to-follow headings and sub-headings - something I found indispensable when learning such a complex area of law.

The authors have clearly reached the top of their game and this is reflected in the incredible breadth and depth with which 'Competition Law' is written. I used the previous version of this book to my great advantage when I did my own LLM, and I bought this 7th edition for reference. Overall, an excellent investment and a very timely release, given all that has happened in competition law over the past three or fours years.
on 17 February 2011
Whish has made the subject readily accessible for students and academics alike. Probably the UK's leading expert on competition law, Whish has again delivered the leading text on the subject. A must for any LL.B or LL.M student and a text for any unversity Competition law reading list.
on 16 January 2013
I like this book because of the various practical examples and judgments of the EU Courts it contains. I think the authors have summed up all the doctrine (including theirs) in this non-exensive book. I would buy it again.
on 29 November 2012
The content of the book is great for study, but the book was a bit defective when I started to use it for 1 or 2 days. The book cover and the book itself started to fall/tear apart because the glue didn't securely stick the two together. I didn't return the book because I got some paragraphs highlighted already before noticing the defect :(.

Advice: check the book carefully before you use it !
on 28 April 2012
I have my final exams now and I just realized that pages 505-536 are missing. And I cannot return the book because I already underlined over 400.
on 18 March 2014
The book is NOT really bad for the purpose for which same was acquired.
However, there is a lot of room for improvement in all of its ramifications just like all other versions/editions before it. But it has lots of improvement when it is compared with the editions before it.
Thank you.
on 4 May 2014
This arrived at the weekend - very quickly after ordered - which helped as every day counts on my course. It's one of the authoritative textbooks on this subject.
on 15 May 2013
Excellent review, including universal aspects of competition law. Professor Whish is not only very practical and pragmatic, but also very straightforward.
on 7 February 2013
The Text that makes Competition Law look easy. It explains in details all the necessary topics that are fundamental to the knowledge of competition law.
on 1 March 2013
A clearly written textbook, it helped with the understanding of the module I needed it for. I would recommend it.