on 1 June 2012
As a human geography enthusiast, I was expecting much from this book as it should be very relevant to both the environment as well as the economics (yes...and hence the title). But to my surprise the book focuses much on pollution, and particularly air pollution, which kind of disappointed me because certainly pollution is only a very tiny aspect of environmental economics. However, as are all Oxford's Short Introduction books, this is a very tiny, thin book that I can carry in my small handbag so I can read on my way to school/work.
on 17 February 2013
I used this book for my environmental economics course and I found it was ideal for giving an understaning of the fundermentals for resource economics. It explanied consepts that are not as easy to grasp. Wery easy to read, with the use of plain language and without a bias point to be seen.
on 23 September 2016
Concise and raises very good points
on 27 February 2014
A very basic introduction - but great to carry around and read on the train. The set of related topics is a worthwhile purchase.
on 1 September 2014
Interesting introductory read, plenty of references to explore the subject matter in more detail.