on 23 August 2015
AMAZING book for beginners Econometrics. I bought this for my Econometrics module at Uni. I just wish i had been reading it at the same tie as doing notes as my coursework would have all been 100% throughout. The explanations are really that good! I still got a 1st in coursework, and then managed to also get a first in the exam thanks to this book! The pages are easy to read (much easier than the earlier editions that are full of text and all black and white!), so i would definitely recommend this edition and paying a bit extra. This made it so much easier for me to stay motivated. Econometrics is a hard subject, but with this book you can easily get a first if you study it all carefully. I just wrote notes on all the relevant chapters and then did past papers from my notes. I hadn't looked at the textbook at all until come exam time (which i wish i had done!), so I literally spent all day everyday in the library writing notes for a week, which shows how good the book is. Doing the review exercises would probably help a lot too but I didn't have time. Cannot stress enough that this book is the reason I got a first in the exam. My coursework was great but i found it really difficult to do well without notes, until I read through all of this and understood the concepts a lot better.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2015
Well if you're second year economic then you don't have a choice!! Just buy the dam book... I found it easy to follow but it's definitely not something you'll read once. Also all the lecture PowerPoint have been done by theses people, so if your teacher is bad rest reassure you have the material online. You actually don't need a book for that just Google "oup Dougherty " , the study guide on there was very handy for my exam, but unfortunately I didn't know it was there until some weeks to the exam! It has some exercise and answers to star questions.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2016
Absolutely amazing book, written by a LSE professor
I really don't like my econometrics lecturer's way of teaching which makes it very complicated, and this book had helped me understand the content of the course really easily (got 88% to my last econometrics exam, that's how good that book is!)
on 31 March 2018
None
on 29 October 2017
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 6 April 2016
Great for uni and helpful.
on 23 October 2016
Book delivered was not the one advertised. Similar but different name and completely different author (it's a textbook).
on 18 December 2015
Bought of Economic degree.
on 17 December 2014