on 10 June 2010
Not just a good dictionary,but a thesaurus,giving the best selection of alternative words I have yet come across.
harry crutchley
on 30 June 2011
This is a really clear dictionary / thesaurus - not overly complicated and ideal for younger learners as it misses out many of the vulgar words you don't want them to learn !(though they probably will from elsewhere!!)
on 10 October 2014
It is very good, I bought it for my 9 year old for school, although I used to have a Collins dictionary and thesaurus which placed the thesaurus aspect at the bottom of the page, which I feel was easier and quicker to use. However, this is still a very good book.
on 17 September 2013
My son needed this for his new senior school. Originally bought the large version but it was too heavy to carry around, this size is perfect!
on 21 April 2010
It is with some regret that I bought this particular Dictionary/Thesaurus. Yes it does what it says on the cover....but sadly it is not comprehensive in its word content. I bought a Penguin Dictionary via Amazon several years ago at half the price and it is X times a better Dictionary, never failed yet but it does not provide a Thesaurus. A disappointment.
on 2 November 2013
Ideal size for when I study upstairs so I don't have to carry my large sized one around with me and the blue font means easier reference.
on 28 March 2013
Excellent value and handy to keep for reference purposes. I keep one in the bedroom and one in the living room.
on 6 March 2016
This replaced an earlier version I have had since 1994 and which had more or less disintegrated.
on 12 March 2010
As described. I'm happy with my purchase & would recommend.
on 22 February 2016
NOT AS GOOD AS I EXPECTED. WILL TRY ANOTHER VERSION LATER.