Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 September 2013
Am studying Masnavi in original Farsi with the help of this translation presently on the first book in the series. Recommend this translation for serious readers of this great text.
on 8 February 2010
It is easy to read, more flowing than other published translations of the Masnavi I have seen and it is beautifaully written both by the Original author (Rumi) and by the translator. There is something nice which I can not describe in Rumi's Masnavi which soothes the soul when you read it. I genuinely think the Masnavi has the power to help people looking for wisdom. This book has been a revelation for me but I especially enjoy reading it because it is rhythmic poetry (couplets) so it has that song like quality and you do not get so tired reading it, even when you do it over and over again.
I am so glad I bought it, will recommend it to people of heart.
on 15 September 2009
The same excellent attributes apply to this volume as its predecessor Masnavi Volume 1.Please see my review for the first volume.
on 4 May 2015