on 30 January 2017
I truly love this book and its content. God bless!
on 8 May 2011
Book arrived in excellent condition. Ive enjoyed reading it, the print is a good size,
and Im very pleased with it. It's a soft back book, and I made a fabric cover for it.
Its now my primary bible.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 October 2016
For anyone looking for a comprehensive yet reasonably priced Bible, this is an excellent item. It's the King James Version, as completed in 1611, and it includes the Apocrypha (a collection of texts which didn't make it into the official edition - or 'canon' - of the Bible, but which were once considered of significant value). This is a vast tomb of a book, with an informative introduction and a useful set of end notes. As such, it will be especially useful to students who are seeking to explore the Bible.

The only negative feature of this edition is that the print is rather small - and each page is broken into two columns (to assist reduce size). I'd prefer it if the text were laid out as in a standard book.
on 27 February 2013
I have the hard copy of this and bought the Kindle version also for ease of carrying. However, compared with a much cheaper Kindle product (The Definitive Revised English Version of the Bible) the contents is very sparsely formatted with links. By contrast, the cheaper Bible version has a richly linked contents section which is extremely useful. So whilst, as might be expected, the text of this Oxford product cannot be faulted, navigation is difficult and at best ponderous. I am surprised that this electronic product was brought to market in such a cheapskate manner since the formatting lets down significantly the impressive scholarship of the editorial work.
on 8 August 2015
I am thrilled with this Bible. I grew up on the KJV but haven't had one for many years, opting instead for a NIV. I was reading a section from Revelation in it and suddenly missed the KJV so much I had to buy one (as much as I love BibleGateway, it's not the same). This afternoon, I referred to manna and my partner wasn't quite sure what I was talking about. I took up my new Bible and found the passage in Exodus and read it aloud to him and oh, the joy of it. Pardon me for waxing lyrical but reading the KJV gives me deep satisfaction.

Now, whatever one thinks or believes, we are talking about a book. This edition is large, yes, but it feels wonderful and who can complain about Michelangelo's Jeremiah (from the Sistine Chapel) on the cover? Despite its size, it's still smaller than my NIV study Bible. I haven't perused the notes yet but there are indeed some rather delicious looking ones at the back outlining each book. I am also very happy this edition includes the Apocrypha.
on 30 April 2010
Well this bible is perfect for me. For me the richness of this version of the bible cannot be beaten. I have other versions of the bible but I think that the King James is nearer to the original versions written in Hebrew and Greek. The type face is nice and clear with the verse numbers at the beginning of the line ie each verse starts a new paragraph. Some of my other bibles are quite difficult to read because the print is small and faint but this Oxford World's Classic bible is very easy to read. It also includes the Apocrypha as well as notes on each book of the bible. It was also EXCELLENT value for money
on 11 February 2014
In my opinion the King James Bible is the companion to have - the book of books - full of the most fascinating stories, enriched with the noblest (and least) characters - full of wisdom and insight into life: humans and our saving God. To read it is to grow in mind, soul, body and heart, to understand it is to be truly blessed: to love it is to live connected to our divine essence.
on 29 January 2009
The KJV uses as its basis for the New Testament the Textus Receptus, and is far more reliable than most other versions on the market today. The Textus Receptus can be traced right back to 150 AD and is quoted by the early Church Fathers, further, it has been faithfully copied many of times over throughout the Old World throughout the ages. Why would anyone want a version whose authenticity cannot be traced (like most modern versions)? My only fault with this bible is that some people may have difficulty with the Elizabethan English unless they have a small dictionary of KJV English, or some other dictionary, since the meaning of some words have changed since then. However those words are actually comparatively few and scattered and should not detract from your reading. The language of the KJV is not really as difficult as some would make out and if you can read Jane Austen, then you can read this. Thee/Thou/Ye presents little problem and was done to distinguish between you plural and you singular, not to sound churchy. No other bible has the beautiful style of the KJV.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2016
Disappointed Gran as it doesn't work!
on 9 March 2014
I don't get why people rate the Bible down because they don't believe it's true. If you are reading the Bible, there must be a reason for it. You might be reading it to learn more about the root of a certain culture, or you might be reading it to understand Jews and Christians. You might be reading it to improve your English language, or enjoying it as a work of literature. You might be reading it because you are curious why the Holy Bible has been an all-time international bestseller. The reasons are endless...

Pros:
- The most beautiful English translation of the Holy Bible in my humble opinion
- The Deuterocanonicals are included
- Some maps are included
- Endnotes for Bible students are included
- The glossary is helpful for those who have yet to learn basic theological vocab
- OT + Apocrypha + NT = all organised systematically into 1 single book makes things really convenient, if you are trying to memorising the entire Bible, this is definitely the book you should have in your hands.
- It looks cool, oh yes, I prefer this look over the black leather look lol~
- The cover has a soft and smooth texture, it is a delight to stroke the book too :P

Cons:
-Too heavy
- Covering easily damaged
- Too thick
- Not all lost books of Scripture are included, but if they were included, the book would be too think and heavy to carry around...

If you buy Kindle, the problem of weight and size are irrelevant, but then some people (like me) care too much about our eyes for ebooks.

Conclusion: The cons are pretty inevitable, so all-in-all, I consider this book very close to perfect.