on 1 December 2009
It is certainly a rare occasion when trying to learn math for University, that you find such a delightful book to guide you through the complexities while maintaining a joy that you find you possess every time you delve into his book for a clarification or a new theme in your mathematics study. I would not hesitate to recommend this book and hope others will enjoy their own journey into such a gratifying success to what for many could be a dry relationship. This book has singly changed my approach to math and for that I am truly happy.
10 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2013
This textbook is recommended for my second year mathematics course (along with others).

I have had some use out this book, but not quite the use I intended. I use it to revise and to see a different take on concepts with which I am already familiar, and for this purpose the book suits my needs. However, I struggle to use this book for initial learning of concepts. The authors seem to fall into the trap of thinking that, because the material is 'easy' to them, that it doesn't need much explanation. The textbook seems to me to be greatly inferior to Stroud's Engineering Mathematics for initial learning of concepts, but is useful for revision.

A decent textbook, but I feel perhaps undeserving of the slew of 5 star reviews.
One person found this helpful
on 9 October 2016
Bought for a student for university. Really useful and it arrived in good time
on 19 February 2014
This is a brilliantlt detailed book with so many clear, worked explanations which has gone no small way in helping me reason the often under-illustrated theory in my university textbooks (2nd year undergraduate physics). It is a book that can only help steer you through and forward.
One person found this helpful
on 21 January 2015
Studying Electronic Engineering. Does the job
on 24 March 2017
no comments
on 30 November 2013
I needed this for my university mathematics course and it has been very informative when I have needed. Amazon was the cheapest place to buy it for me too.
on 17 February 2016
Arrived within specified time and as described. Very helpful for the course I am currently studying.
on 17 January 2012
There is everything I am looking for concerning mathematical methods and vector algebra. Use this to revise before tests and also as a supplement to my lecture notes.
Great value for low price.
Thoroughly recommend.