on 12 September 2013
This is a BIG book, so do be aware that it's really not for someone that wants to be able to carry this around easily. For me, it is perfect. I am a writer and wanted something that would help me to expand my vocabulary as well as help me with grammar and spelling. This is an excellent book for all that. It has so many words and definitions in it and I love the fact that the thesaurus is in the same place as the dictionary, making it one place that you look up the word you need. Would highly recommend.
9 people found this helpful
on 1 September 2015
Bought a number of these for an Adult literacy class about 4 years ago and they are still going strong. In September they'll be passed on to their latest group of students and they are still in very good condition. That'll be the eighth class to use them.

Their hard back and large size is probably what saves them as these are not books that will be easy knocked of desks etc... so they are perfect for my needs as they stay in the room. However if you were to actually carry this about in your bag all day you might struggle. I lent some to a few students a couple of years ago and this was their only complaint, they could really have used something smaller and lighter.
on 21 May 2015
Good Buy.
Delivery good.
Pricewise good.
Lots of extra information contained within.
Had my previous Collins Thesaurus Dictionary since the 60's
and as it was falling apart tried to replace it but only Oxford was available.
Only downsize is the small print, so without my glasses everything is a blur!
I would recommend this book.
on 1 February 2013
We've bought many dictionaries over the last few years with each one hoping to be better than the previous but sadly none were. It seemed that whenever my daughter who is now 9 tried to look up a certain word it was never there. I purchased this hoping this would be the last dictionary I would have to buy for a long time...and it is. It arrived quickly and so far it's got every word in it that we can think of. My daughter reads a lot and quite often reads old books with a lot of words in that aren't used very often today (which is where she's struggled to find their meaning in other dictionaries). This one hasn't failed us yet. It's easy to use, the print is large enough to find words easily, even for a 9 year old who used try to get someone else to do it for her. Strongly recommended.
3 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2018
It is very big and really in an excellent condition. My children and I are very pleased with the thesaurus dictionary. It is brilliant and I cannot say more because it is great for its price as well. It arrived on time too.
Thank you so much.
on 2 September 2015
A great help with finding synonyms for solving crosswords and refreshing the brain cells (of the older person)
4 people found this helpful
on 22 September 2015
Every home should have this book. It is the best dictionary and thesaurus I have come across.
I use it regularly.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2013
A fabulous dictionary and thesaurus, very up to date (2007) and with a clear layout.
Bought this for aiding my daughter with her postgrad work and it was worth it for that alone. Have since come to use it intensely almost every day for work.
Highest possible recommendation.
on 30 April 2018
A very useful tool . I love it
on 23 February 2012
Phew - a mighty tome!! Big fat heavy book with loads of words in it - what more can you say about a dictionary / thesaurus? Does the job and that's what you need. My last one drowned in a flood so it was time for a renewal - this ticks the boxes.
4 people found this helpful