on 17 April 2001
This book describes the journey an imaginery prince and his sister, embark upon in the search of happiness. Framed as a fairy tale, the book nonetheless deals with issues that are relevant to anyone at any age, questions that touch upon the very essence of our existence. Written in the 18th century, the language is first class, and enjoyable. Highly recommended!
on 10 June 2007
This is easily one of the most relevant 18th century stories I have ever read. Johnson has mastered the English language and his style is direct and thoughtful. The lesson this book teaches makes it invaluable to anyone - it is one of those books you have to read, whether you end up liking it or not.
on 12 May 2015
This book may be written in in the eighteenth century but is my favourite book! It's plot is simplistic but is for those who are philosophical! I learnt many life quotes from this!
on 22 December 2009
Well worth reading even though few, sadly, will consider it today yet it is completely up to date in the story.
on 21 November 2015
Arrived in good time, satisfied with purchase.
on 3 September 2014
Excellent edition.
on 13 March 2014
In my opinion, there is just too much nothing going on in this book; the story is not very interesting and it doesn't have much action.
I have recently decided never to not recommend a book ever again because, quite frankly, what I may dislike might be a book you would thoroughly enjoy and viceversa. So, take a chance on it if you think you might enjoy the topic.
on 8 December 2010
This is outside my normal range but on the basis of other reviews I thought I should give it a try. I am sure this is a document of importance and certainly tells us about the author's state of mind, which was very low. The story is about a Prince who has everything except freedom and fulfilment escaping his gilded cage. For all the "high philosophy" I just want to say; get a job and get a life and get over yourself.
on 15 May 2013
The book was the one I wanted, but whilst I knew it was used , I was not aware that it's condition was at best poor . The pages are scruffy with whole sections of the book underlined in biro . Very dissappointing , I regret I would not recommend .
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse