Customer reviews

Modern World History to GCSE (Oxford History for GCSE)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2000
The book gets across all you need for learning and revising Modern History for GCSE. The information is set out in a way which really helps the facts stick. From the Russiam revolution to the Cold war, the pictures, diagrams and text cover everything you need. As a GCSE pupil, i thoughrally recommend it and think it will help me get a top grade.
on 12 September 2010
In my mock I was only 1% above a C, and I thought the prospect to getting an A* was very low. I found revision really hard, the GCP books are okay but don't give anywhere near enough detail and the notes I had from lessons were messy/unfinished/bad so I was starting to panic about the actual exams. I'm okay at history if I have my notes with me but I'm really bad at remembering events and this is where this book really helped, it goes through everything in pretty much chronological order and arranges a lot of stuff into tables and timelines giving the outcomes and causes. Generally its really well laid out and it really helped me learn stuff. The way i revised from it was I read and memorised a page and then answered the questions on each page with as much detail as I could remember which really helps you get it into your head, it must have worked as I got an A* and I am extremely glad that I made this purchase. This book covered every topic in enough detail but not so much that it became hard to remember. I only revised from this book so it must be enough detail! I would recommend it to anyone who is doing modern world history (don't know about other boards but its great for AQA) for GCSE if your planning on getting an A*
on 1 February 2014
This book is ideal for anyone revising for Modern Worlds GCSE History - it covers the International Relations section of the course in manageable double page spreads, with diagrams and key text. It also covers the depth studies commonly taught alongside the International Relations units, which can be used to support work in the International Relations unit sue to overlap. Clear, concise and excellent value.