Customer reviews

OXFORD STUDY SCIENCE DICTIONARY

on 6 March 2013
Bought this for a Year 7 grandson who is well-informed and very interested in most science topics, especially those which might be described as 'physics'. I looked at several such 'dictionaries' in bookshops and came back to Amazon for this one. (Best price for this volume.) The book is arranged in topics with some alphabetisation within that. It's very well cross referenced. It makes it easy to check a term but it encourages a reader to delve more deeply into a topic. The explanations are clear, brief with neat illustrations and certainly adequate as a support for GCSE double or separate sciences. It could probably be useful as quick reference beyond that level. I've learned a lot and my grandson says it clarifies his current course, especially the use an spelling of scientific terms. This is a great value, really useful mini science encyclopedia.
on 28 February 2012
I bought this for my son as a reference book I already have the oxford study maths book and it has been a fantastic help both for my son and myself when helping with homework, so I knew that this would be just as amazing.
on 28 October 2010
The price is right and the book is brilliant. The book must be on the shelves of every science laboratory and every science teacher's collection.
on 10 October 2012
I recommend the Oxford study science dictionary because it is well informed and easy to use. It is the best tool for science oriented students.
on 19 September 2012
I bought this for my daughter age 13 in year 9 and it is perfect for understanding homework etc. recommended to similar ages.
on 26 November 2015