Customer reviews

on 28 July 2017
Lots of detail in the illustrations to stimulate conversation, appealing to wide age range.
on 5 October 2006
This is not a story book. Providing you are not expecting a story you cannot fail to be charmed by this book. Blathwayt offers page after page of gorgeous, intricate illustrations filled with a wealth of detail that keeps my son and I entranced. For example, one page features a small area of stream in which Blathwayt has managed to incorporate a frog, frogspawn, tadpoles, fish, caterpillars, butterflies, ladybirds, beetles, dragonflies, ducks and ducklings, a range of other identifiable birds, small mammals and intricate, botanically correct plants and flowers.

We use the book in a number of ways: to create our own narratives; to compare the pictures with the flora and fauna we see outside (we live in the country); and to help my 3 year-old son understand the passage of long periods of time such as seasons.

There is so much to see in each picture and, as my son grows, he will be able to use the small index at the side of each page to help with his reading. I heartily recommend this book.
on 5 June 2012
This is my son's favourite book! He has spend hours and hours studying each page and loves spotting the different animals and objects in the wonderfully illustrated pages. A huge family favourite. The drawings are beautiful, and contain so much detail I can see why he loves looking at them. Can't recommend this book highly enough!
on 3 May 2012
My 2 year old has quite a range of books, but for months now this, and the Town version, has been his favourite books, and for adults constantly looking at them, the pictures are beautiful, and always something new to look for.
on 28 May 2014
This book is centred around one farm and it's immediate location. Each double page has a set of words and pictures on the right side for you to find on the main picture on the left. It follows the farm though the seasons.
on 19 October 2013
Very good picture book with bright detailed pictures. Many things to see and discuss. I and my children love it.
on 6 August 2014
Lovely books ! I shall kept them forever !