Customer reviews

on 8 February 2014
Bought this second hand (think this is out of print now!) and thrilled with it.
There were 2 pages upside down and a few small aspects that showed it to be second hand, a couple of page corners folded and a few neatly highlighted bits but non of these detracted from the excellent book and its usefulness.
I have had a number of Portuguese folk comment as I clutch it in shops and admire it, generally pleased that I should make the effort, and it has LOADSA stuff I cannot find in translators and dictionaries elsewhere. The diagrams help, although it is sometimes necessary to squint a bit but it helps loads if it is not something you are sure of in your own language such as a part of unfamiliar machinery.
on 1 June 2015
The item was as described and arrived in the specified time slot
on 15 July 2013
If you are moving abround i recomend it, as it will be essential for finding the more technical words that maith slipt through the mind.Easy system, just look at the pictures and find the corresponding word.
Worth every penny i paid and my second hand copie was in good state.
on 26 October 2016
all the info we needed, and some extra more, great
on 20 July 2016
fantastic such a useful book couldn't do without it !
on 25 July 2013
This book was purchased for a student of English who came for a two week exchange visit. I had already on my bookshelves , Oxford-Duden Pictorial dictionaries for FRENCH, German and Italian. having valued them as essential items over many years..
In my opinion they are well worth having even if going on a 2 week holiday. Seeing the Pictures of the items in their correct setting reinforces the learning. It even covers more technical things such as items of hardware (specialist nuts, bolt s, connections etc)
Highly recommended.Usual good service re delivery
on 24 August 2015
This is quite an old dictionary but for me as a Scot living in Tuscany, I was borrowing the same from an Italian friend and, whilst he had no problems with this, I was always borrowing it and photocopying it. So when I saw this book available, I had to have it.
Whilst most of the info is dated, a lot of it is still relevant but a lot of the modern technology items do not feature, so if you are looking for that type of information you will not find it here.
I saw hardback copies of this for astronomical prices, but I am not sure if they were updated versions.
I think this would be useful to any English speaking person either living in Italy or thinking of moving here.
on 22 March 2016