on 3 October 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who puts pen to paper with serious intent. It is concise, informative and a very quick guide to those uncertainties that challenge us in the areas of abbreviations, italics, people of note, relevant dates and many more. Buy this book and be confident in your literary aspirations! It is a wonderful gift for writers, editors, students and just about anyone who enjoys taking a pen in hand.

B. Daly
on 22 May 2013
I am training at the moment to become a proofreader and I was recommended this book along with the New Hart's Rules. I wasn't sure at first why I would buy this book as I already had a few dictionary at hand. But, after using it for my corrections I realized it is actually a very handy tool to have as It answers my questions faster than my dictionary. So, yes, I would recommend it.
on 17 July 2013
Authoritative information on English usage I didn't realize I didn't know. Good for general knowledge, even if you are not editing anything at the moment. Hart's rules is better for actual editing issues though.
on 4 January 2013
One of the handiest reference books ever. Every writer MUST HAVE this little gem in their bookshelf. I keep giving my copy away to envious friends and find myself replacing it at Amazon.
on 8 January 2013
An invaluable resource to help with your English. Useful both as a quick look-up reference and also each section is a good read in its own right.
on 29 September 2013
Very small book. Doesn't function like a regular dictionary (eg: no info about word origins). Useful but I could just look stuff up online.
on 18 September 2016
Item delivered a week before estimated delivery. A 1 condition. Brilliant book, well worth having in my collection|
on 6 October 2014
Essential for those who insist on correctess when writing in our wonderfully-rich language... a MUST for pedantics!
on 23 February 2016
The godfather of all reference books. If you don't have one of these you're a literary's literary nobody!
on 24 October 2015
Yet to use this but what I was looking for, skimmed thru at the moment