on 4 November 2013
I know some greek and use this dictionary when I watch greek news. I have so far never encountered a word that it did not contain.
The translations seem to be accurate when I compare them to the context of the news. (the Greek-Swedish dictionaries were terrible)
The text is large and easy to read.
Good paper quality - daily use for about 2 months without any signs of wear.
To big for my pockets but I use it at home.
I recommend this Dictionary.
on 5 November 2016
I bought this not as a pocket dictionary but as a suitcase dictionary to take with me to Greece so I didn’t have to carry the more cumbersome Oxford Greek/English Learner’s Dictionary and Collins English/Greek that I normally refer to. I have often been surprised how, between all three, this little book quite frequently comes up with the most helpful translation! Excellent for its size.
on 19 April 2018
Obviously, it is a thorough dictionary - but pronunciation is not given for every word. This is a huge drawback in Modern Greek, as this is an area of difficulty.
on 26 July 2013
It is well set out, with a clear print which, with the Greek language, being quite a challenge, plus ageing eye sight, is a must!!! it isn't too threatening and tome-like which appeals to me too. So far, I have found all I have been searching for, to complete my Greek homework, so great!
on 19 May 2012
This is a good dictionary for Greek speakers learning English but not so good for English speakers learning Greek. The plurals of nouns are not given and the information about usage is limited. Good as a starter dictionary but I was rather disappointed overall.
on 15 December 2017
Perfect. I am learning Modern Greek properly now and this dictionary is perfect for my needs right now. Having learned 2 foreign languages before Greek I am able to with it very easily. Small enough to take to class and big enough to go beyond simply word lists.
on 22 July 2016
Very good more than adequate for our needs ie. a general understanding of Greek grammar and not fluency.
on 2 February 2015
One star off because there is not easy way (eg. colored pages to mark sections) to quickly jump between the English-Greek and the Greek-English sections. I guess one can put his/her own markers of course, but it does make a difference to me. Overall, what one should expect from Oxford dictionary series.
on 21 September 2016
excellent, small with clear writing
on 24 October 2017
Not exaclty pocket size, but a great little dictionary with clear print.